Aged Care Support Coordinator
- Are you an experienced aged care coordinator, interested in using your skills to support your local community?
- Work for an innovative not-for-profit that provides inclusive community services for people of all ages!
- Attractive remuneration circa $87,000 plus super and flexible working options!
About Kogarah Community Services
Kogarah Community Services (KCS) is a not-for-profit community based organisation that has been providing care, information, referral and support services to the local community since 1975. From a small group of volunteers to a vibrant organisation employing over 70 staff and 20 volunteers, Kogarah Community Services continues to grow and deliver exceptional services.
Modelling their commitment to their values of integrity, making a difference, valuing, working and inspiring each other, the organisation is committed to encouraging connections and participation in the community, providing a range of high quality, uplifting programs and resources for the South East Sydney community.
About the Opportunity
Kogarah Community Services (KCS) now has multiple exciting opportunities for Aged Care Support Coordinators to join their team in Kogarah, Sydney, on a full-time basis (38 hours a week).
Reporting to the Aged Care Senior Coordinator, you will be responsible for delivering services that are person centred and enablement focused.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Effective service coordination and delivery whilst maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude at all times;
- Attend and participate in reviews and planning sessions;
- Travel to consumers' homes for assessments;
- Attend relevant training as directed by the Senior Coordinator;
- Staff supervision and team meetings;
- Maintain confidentiality of information & privacy of records;
- Participate in a one-per-month weekend on call roster to provide advice for workers; and
- Participate in local service development to enhance consumer options within the community.
Previous applicants need not apply.
To be successful you will have significant experience in a similar coordination role. A tertiary qualification in Community or Social Services would be highly regarded, but is not essential provided you have a strong background in the aged care sector.
A current First Aid Certificate is essential, as is experience using the My Aged Care portal and a client management system. Experience with Alchemy Software Management System (SMS) is desirable but not required.
With demonstrated leadership skills, you will be confident providing support to staff and working in a highly interactive team. You will also need to be highly organised and have a solid understanding of the Aged Care Quality Standards and relevant Work Health and Safety legislation.
Finally, Kogarah Community Services is looking for individuals who can demonstrate empathy and patience with frail aged consumers. You'll be genuinely committed to the work KCS delivers, and passionate about supporting people of all ages to participate in the community and create meaningful connections.
Please note: Successful candidates must hold a current Australian Drivers Licence and consent to a pre-employment criminal record check.
About the Benefits
This is a highly rewarding opportunity to join an organisation that's creating more inclusive, cohesive communities and improving the wellbeing of people across all life stages.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive an attractive salary circa $87,000 plus super, mobile, laptop, access to company vehicles as well as a great work/life balance, with flexible working arrangements and work from home options available in accordance with the requirements of the role.
You will have the full support of an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly collaborative team, as well as ongoing training and development opportunities.
Interested in taking on a key role with an organisation that's dedicated to driving positive change throughout the community? Apply Now!