- Full-time opportunity for an On-Site Machinist based in Gladstone
- FIFO & DIDO rosters available with 2 weeks on and 1 week off
- Attractive salary circa $120,000 to $180,000 negotiable on experience PLUS super, overtime, relocation assistance & excellent on-site allowances!
- Join one of Queensland's largest family-owned fabrication and machining workshops and reap the financial rewards
About Purcell's Engineering
Celebrating over 25 years of success, Purcell's Engineering is a family-owned and operated business that has developed into one of the largest and most well-equipped machine shops and lineboring businesses in Central Queensland.
Based in Gladstone, Purcell's is an expert On-Site, Fabrication, Mechanical Project and Machining company servicing key industry sectors locally, throughout Queensland and across numerous National shutdowns.
Employing over 45 staff, Purcell's Engineering is well established in the Gladstone community and supports local industry and the Queensland mining industry.
Read more about the company here.
About the Opportunity
Purcell's has opportunities for several On-Site Machinists to join their manufacturing team based out of the Gladstone workshop & work as needed on-site across Australia.
This is a full-time position, working a rotating roster of day and night shifts, 2 weeks on and 1 week off. You will have the unique opportunity to operate and gain experience in a wide variety of machinery.
- Adhere to all health and safety requirements and be committed to helping others achieve the same;
- Meet challenging deadlines;
- Operate some of the largest field machining equipment known to man, eg: the dragline tubmill can machine over 25 metres in diameter;
- undertake site and workshop based Lineboring/milling on all makes and models of mining and industrial equipment; and
- Assist with the planning and organising of projects.
- Travel periodically throughout Australia and globally!
View the position description here.
To be successful in this role, you will have your MR license, an Australian trade certificate, and a great work ethic. You will also have relevant experience with at least some of the following;
- Onsite milling
- Laser Alignment
- Confined Space & Gas Test Atmospheres
- Working at Heights
You will be self-motivated, time-efficient, and cooperative, with great problem-solving skills. You must be able to laugh and have a good sense of humour as well as being able to work closely with others on your team.
About the Benefits
With access to the latest cutting-edge technology, including Hoffman lineboring units, mirage flange facing machines & Purcell's own designed slew milling machines, you will love the variety that this role offers.
Enjoy an attractive salary circa $120,000 to $180,000 negotiable on experience PLUS super, overtime, relocation assistance & excellent on-site allowances! This includes the additional loading for night shift and overtime paid as appropriate.
There are also fantastic training opportunities, as Purcell's will provide ongoing training and up skilling to help you build your expertise across the range of high-tech machinery
- Starting rate $50.00 per hour + penalties + shift allowances + superannuation (starting rate to be determined by skills & experience )
- FIFO & DIDO available.
- 2 weeks on with 1 week off ( or Monday to Friday available )
- Accommodation when in Gladstone (FIFO & DIDO only).
- Purcell’s will pay for any upskilling or additional training as determined by Management.
- Relocation assistance will be considered.
Purcell's offers a family-friendly, flexible workplace and would be well suited to a personable and self-motivated team player who wants to grow their career!
Historically a shipping port town, Gladstone has grown into a major hub for mining and building industries. It sits right on the Australian coast and is surrounded by breathtaking islands and the southern Great Barrier Reef.
Life in Gladstone revolves around the sea, sand, and bush, with natural wonder everywhere you look. It’s also only a short drive away from other regional Queensland cities like Rockhampton and Bundaberg.
Gladstone offers a relaxed lifestyle and a close-knit community that comes with a small coastal city. With an abundance of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, there is something for everyone in Gladstone.
Read more about life in Gladstone here.
Keen to join a stable, growing business that cares about its employees? Apply Now!