Insurance and Risk Manager
- Are you an insurance and risk management professional looking to join a faith-based organisation?
- Attractive salary circa $100,000 + benefits including relocation assistance!
- Newly created role with flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home negotiable!
About the Organisation
The Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA), which includes the Lutheran Church of New Zealand (LCNZ), is a relatively small Christian denomination, with about 30,000 regular worshippers. By contrast, the worldwide Lutheran Church, with around 80 million adherents, is the second largest non-Catholic church (and the largest Protestant church) in the world. In Australia and New Zealand, there are more than 600 Lutheran congregations, about 520 pastors (including those who have retired) and more than 560 registered lay workers and other employees.
Lutherans have been in Australia and New Zealand for more than 150 years. Australian and New Zealand Lutheranism in the 21st century reflects the multicultural nature of our two nations. We are a culturally rich and colourful church. Congregations of people from Asian and European countries contribute to the cultural diversity of our church, and increasingly we are welcoming African people, primarily Sudanese, into our worshipping communities. The tagline of the Church, "where love comes to life", reflects the heart and soul of the Lutheran Church mission. LCA has approximately 80 schools, 60 early childcare services and 24 aged-care and community-care facilities.
About the Opportunity
The LCA now has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Insurance and Risk Manager to join their Adelaide team. This is a brand-new role, running for three years and with the potential for extension.
Reporting to the Executive Officer of the Church, your main responsibility is to develop and implement an effective risk assessment framework that enables the LCA to better control its risks and compliance obligations.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Manage LCA Insurance, which includes a responsibility to ensure appropriate insurance cover for all participating LCA organisations, the provision of effective service to the organisations, and the efficient administration of the scheme;
- Work with the Finance, Audit and Risk Committee (FAR) in meeting its responsibility to advise and make recommendations to the General Church Board on insurance and risk-related matters;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the LCA Insurance’s participating organisations, insurers, and insurance broker; and
- Liaise with a stakeholders in other LCA entities who are responsible for the management of risk and compliance.
To view the full job description, click here.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have demonstrated and proven experience in managing risk and compliance or a related field. A diploma or bachelor’s level qualification in risk management or a related field will also be highly regarded. Being willing to work in the environment of the Lutheran Church of Australia and actively demonstrate understanding for the needs of the Church is paramount.
You will need to have a high level of interpersonal and written communication skills and be a problem-solver with extensive organisational and time management skills, have impeccable attention to detail and be able to work well in stressful situations. You will also need to demonstrate a good understanding of governance and quality assurance, and have the ability to manage the dual role of insurance and risk manager.
You will need to be able to take initiative and have the ability to prioritise tasks, self-manage and work autonomously. Understanding the insurance industry and experience in the not-for-profit sector is highly regarded, although not required.
Please Note: Some interstate and intrastate travel will be required. Because of this, you will need an unrestricted driver's licence.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded an attractive salary circa $100,000 PLUS super.
You will also be offered great benefits including ongoing career and professional development and flexible work arrangements. Relocation assistance is negotiable for the right candidate.
If this sounds like the right experience for you, click “Apply Now”!