General Manager Communications and Engagement
- Join a passionate team dedicated in providing essential emergency services and protecting the NSW community!
- Attractive remuneration package, including access to not-for-profit salary sacrificing options
- Exciting opportunity to develop and implement the organisation’s marketing and communications strategies.
About the Organisation
Marine Rescue NSW (MRNSW) is an essential emergency service and protects the NSW community by providing marine search and rescue response, monitoring, and responding to marine radio communications and delivering safety education programs.
The heart of MRNSW is more than 3,000 active volunteer members, organised into 45 geographic units. We work with other emergency services, particularly the NSW Police Force, and promote boating and water safety through community events, education, and engagement activities.
About the Opportunity
MRNSW has an exciting new opportunity for a General Manager, Communications and Engagement to join their head office in Cronulla.
Reporting to the Deputy Commissioner, Corporate Services, your key responsibility will be to lead strategy and performance in communication, marketing, and engagement to drive a stronger connection between MRNSW and its members, stakeholders, and the wider community.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Develop and implement strategies to identify and reach target audiences and build a safer boating community;
- Respond to and manage the presentation of MRNSW in the public including legacy media, social media, and other digital platforms, and manage branding to maintain MRNSW’s professionalism;
- Engage MRNSW members and stakeholders to build connections and ensure interactions with the organisation are positive, motivating, and advance MRNSW values and goals; and
- Develop, implement, and review membership recruitment and engagement strategies and resources including developing targets and programs for member recruitment, engagement, satisfaction, and retention, analysing membership patterns, identifying, and addressing issues and meeting equity and diversity goals.
To view the full position description, click here.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have proven experience in developing strategies, campaigns, and content with a track record of delivering measurable results in the areas of communications, marketing, grants/sponsorships and/or engagement.
You will need to have at least five years’ experience in a leadership role in the areas of communications, marketing, grants/sponsorships and/or engagement. Formal qualifications in marketing, communication or a related field are highly desirable.
You will be a proactive and credible professional with outstanding written and verbal communication skills and who can represent the organisation in public and with key stakeholders.
It is paramount that you have a strong record of effective and confident leadership in a complex environment, preferably a volunteer-based organisation, with proven ability to translate organisational strategy into priorities and goals, build a shared sense of direction and inspire others to achieve targets.
About the Benefits
Marine Rescue NSW is made up of personnel who are motivated to give their time, energy and service to their communities. As a high profile position within a valuable state rescue service, you will have significant opportunity to help promote and grow the organisation throughout NSW, so that for those Australian's that love to spend time on the water, they stay safe on the water.
In return for your hard work, determination and leadership, you will be rewarded with a salary in line with the importance of this role, as well as access to relevant not-for-profit salary sacrificing options and additional benefits including a laptop and mobile phone.
In addition, you will enjoy coming to work every day in arguably one of the best office locations in all of Sydney – with waterside views and ample free parking.
Are you a professional communicator looking for your next challenge? Apply Now!