- Are you a qualified lawyer with corporate commercial experience?
- Salary up to $105,000 plus flexible hours, WFH options, relocation assistance (if not located in Melbourne) and a host of additional benefits!
- Fast growth means fast and market-relevant skills development - join us and see your skills develop usefully and exponentially.
- Join a growing law firm that values your talents!
About the Opportunity
We’re a growing boutique law firm that works with successful industrial companies run by people who are both admirable humans and accomplished professionals. We use our deep knowledge of the law to solve our clients’ problems, so they can keep people productive and safe. They are growing fast so we are too.
Sharpe & Abel now has an exciting opportunity for a self-driven Associate Lawyer to join their team in Richmond, VIC on a full-time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Delivery, this role will be part of the delivery team responsible for delivering high quality results, solutions and service to their industrial technology clients.
As an integral member of the team, you will also have the opportunity to assist clients directly. If you are a go-getter with a sense of curiosity, you can gain valuable knowledge and experience across all areas of the business with full support from your expert team!
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Running your own matters with support and collaboration from others;
- Supporting more senior lawyers in the team;
- Getting involved in a variety of matters across the corporate commercial spectrum from the pre-bid stage, through to operations and occasionally when matters go to dispute;
- Deploying your strong foundation of legal principles to solve client problems;
- Drafting contracts and providing advice for new business models; and
- Maintaining strong, professional relationships between the firm and clients in all interactions.
To be considered, you must have a tertiary law qualification (LLB or JD) with a minimum of two years post-qualification experience. You must have an existing practising certificate.
You will need to be technically competent in obtaining relevant facts, conducting legal research, drafting legal documents and planning, managing and progressing legal matters. As you will be working on a distributed model, you must have a high level of computer literacy with the ability to effectively utilise a number of communication channels to ensure that nothing slips through the cracks.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be service-oriented- genuinely care about clients, have a strong sense of ownership and accountability about your work, and a desire to continue developing your skills and competency to better serve clients.
Please note: Sharpe & Abel are active proponents of workplace diversity and pride themselves on being an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such they strongly encourage candidates from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds to apply, and will provide financial and technical support to foreign qualified lawyers in order to re-qualify in Australia.
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing firm that understand the value of supporting their people to deliver and achieve the best results for clients!
In return for your hard work and commitment, the successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary up to $105,000 (including superannuation), negotiable based on your skills and experience.
Sharpe & Abel has a deep learning culture that is hard-coded into all facets of their business. At Sharpe & Abel, you’ll find skills and knowledge are freely shared not hoarded, clients are a pleasure to work with and without exception, reasonable (we actively but politely get rid of unreasonable clients) and we develop our skills and knowledge so we are always equipped to serve them. Bespoke learning programmes are available to all employees as part of their commitment to continuous development, ensuring employee skills and knowledge remain current and valuable to clients and to the market.
Notwithstanding the above, you will also enjoy a host of additional benefits including:
- Highly flexible working hours- feel free to work to your rhythm!
- Work from home and the office;
- On-site parking;
- Niche and robust industrial industry experience;
- Mobile phone & laptop;
- Access to research resources; and
- If you currently live interstate, a relocation allowance is available.
You will also enjoy working in a modern converted warehouse with ample open spaces, high ceilings, lots of natural light and ventilation. The space is ventilated twice a day to ensure staff are safe and healthy. Other firms say they are committed to workplace health and safety and flexibility: we designed the office to promote movement, had plenty of hand sanitiser and alcohol wipes and invested in technology to allow working from anywhere a long time before COVID-19 broke out!
The office is conveniently located within close proximity to public transport and arguably the best Vietnamese food Australia has to offer!
Sharpe & Abel
- You will never look at the world the same way -
In partnership with industrial innovators, leaders and technologists, Sharpe & Abel are more than just legal and business experts, they're problem solvers. A resilient, boutique firm established in the heart of Richmond in 2012, their team of legal strategists has both local and international expertise. They work side by side with clients to grow their industrial companies, growing their share of the Australian market and opening them up to the world.
With a deep-seated learning culture that prioritises – and measures- competence, enables curiosity, and cultivates collaboration and independence in tandem, the service Sharpe & Abel are equipped to provide in the industrial technology sector is results-driven and comprehensive. Genuinely interested in having conversations and curious about their clients, the team are at their best when they understand the complete context behind their clients' plans - context creates meaning.
As the go-to legal firm for the burgeoning industrial sector, Sharpe & Abel are inspired by industrial innovators and are dedicated to helping their clients prosper.
Sharpe & Abel Values
We’re a values-based firm. These are our values.
- Competence: backing yourself and knowing your stuff;
- Love:authentic feeling of care and connection to our clients;
- Trust:being able to rely on your team - both internal and external - in tough times;
- Freedom:being able to explore and not be confined to the status quo;
- Security:knowing that you have the competence to generate value to someone in the world who will pay for that value.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com
Do these values align with yours? For a rare opportunity to utilise and expand your legal technical expertise in the burgeoning industrial sector - Apply Now!