Control Systems Engineer
North Sydney or Singleton (your choice)
- Are you a qualified Electrical Engineer or Mechatronics Engineer wanting to join a global company and an industry leader in the mining, oil, gas and petrochemical sectors?
- Attractive salary circa $110,000 – $140,000 PLUS super
- Join a solution-driven team where innovation matters, and our values matter just as much!
Minetek – a company you'll feel proud of!
Minetek is an innovative company specialising in the engineering, design, manufacture and implementation of conventional and advanced equipment used in the mining, oil, gas and petrochemical sectors.
Helping clients reach and maintain regulatory compliance, we have over 30 years of experience in supplying the sectors we support with the highest quality product and unparalleled customer service.
Our collaborative and energetic team has provided complete end-to-end solutions to over 2800 projects in 60 countries. Working with us will give you the opportunity to help develop solution-focused systems and processes that will leave a far-reaching and lasting legacy in the mining, oil, gas and petrochemical sectors.
Become our new Control Systems Engineer
This is an exciting and newly-created opportunity to join our team, located in either the North Sydney office or the Singleton office (your choice). Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will primarily provide support to various engineering tasks, ensuring Minetek deliver on a portfolio of assigned company projects. This role will be responsible for driving project programmes, implementing technical engineering solutions and ensuring project delivery is in line with client expectations. Through the application of theoretical knowledge and practical experience, the role will support the ongoing development of control systems for current and newly developed Minetek products.
Your core duties include:
- Managing and monitoring all installed electrical control systems and infrastructure;
- Preparing control system and electrical engineering design packages including drawings, specifications, schedules and execution;
- Managing and assisting on key projects through effective planning, submitting variations and negotiating client approvals;
- Programming and commissioning of systems from conception to completion;
- Consulting with clients to establish requirements and scope of works including support with preparation, design and generation of proposals and tenders;
- Interfacing with equipment vendors and contractors to troubleshoot and resolve start-up issues;
- Ensuring current technical standards, reference materials, software programs and tools are in place for successful project engineering works;
- Fault finding and diagnostics to support customer systems;
- Replying promptly to downtime events impacting production while offering consistent controls engineering support to operations; and
- Reverse engineering current systems and programs for the performance of failure recovery.
Here's what our ideal candidate will bring to the team
Minetek is looking for an Electrical or Mechatronics Engineer with a relevant tertiary qualification and proven experience working in a similar role within industrial engineering and mining environments. Working on a range of projects, you will have a diverse range of skills in electrical design, automation and control systems, and a comprehensive understanding of process control issues and developing solutions that maximise efficiency and quality of the product.
In this specialised and technical role, you will have experience writing code and technical specs to create a control system and adapting existing control systems to fit new processes.
Demonstrated understanding of Rockwell, SCADA, Allen Bradley, Siemens PLC and Switchgear is a must.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be an outgoing individual with strong interpersonal skills. You will be engaging and working closely with external consultants and engineers, so it is paramount that you have strong communication skills.
What's on offer
You will receive an attractive salary circa $110,000 – $140,000 (negotiable on experience) PLUS super. You will also enjoy the opportunity to work on a variety of successful coordinated and commissioned large-scale projects for mining operations.
This role is challenging but extremely rewarding, offering you endless opportunities for innovation and continuous improvements. You will be joining an energetic and dynamic team of people that strives for success and high performance. This role lets you choose where you want to work, with the flexibility of working out of the North Sydney office or the Singleton office. The Singleton office has 25-30 people and free on-site parking, while the North Sydney office has 10 people and ample public transport options as well as parking available for a small fee. If you're not in one of these locations and you want to move, let's have a chat!
Our people tell us that our values and behaviours are one of the biggest benefits of working with Minetek. Here they are:
- Courage: Do not be afraid to challenge the norm and be willing to speak up in a constructive manner.
- Excellence: Strive to be the best at what you do and always work to exceed customer expectations.
- Resourcefulness: Think smart and use effective strategies to deliver results, and adapt, be creative and find solutions to support business success.
- Integrity: Always demonstrate sound moral and ethical principles, and be open, honest and do not take advantage of others.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your actions, both good and bad and always work to rectify your mistakes, regardless of the outcome.
You will also love a wide host of additional benefits including:
- Reward and recognition programs;
- Opportunities for professional growth and development; and
- A flexible, fun yet professional work environment.
This is a highly varied, challenging role that will provide you with great career opportunities, as well as giving you the chance to work with a company that has an excellent reputation - Apply Now