People and Culture Coordinator
- Don't want to work behind a desk everyday? Join an active + energetic team!
- Work for a health and sustainability-driven not-for-profit with over 35 years of experience!
- Earn circa $63,500-$67,000 + bike packaging + Bicycle Network membership + MORE!
We believe in liveable places where people are physically active - that's why we make it easier to ride a bike.
About Bicycle Network
Bicycle Network started in Melbourne in 1975 when a group of passionate, like-minded people met to bring the bike riding community together. Over the years, our name has changed from the Bicycle Institute of Victoria, to Bicycle Victoria, to Bicycle Network Victoria. In 2011, we changed our name to Bicycle Network, to reflect our vision to build a nation of bike riders.
For nearly 50 years now, we’ve been passionately and tirelessly supporting, educating, and standing up for people who ride bikes. We’re now active in every Australian state and territory whether through our events, advocacy, or our behaviour change programs – Ride2School or Ride2Work. With the help of nearly 50,000 members nationwide, Bicycle Network is a not-for-profit making it easier for everybody to ride a bike, every day.
Our network is expanding and we have an exciting opportunity for an adaptable People and Culture Coordinator to join us in our Melbourne CBD office!
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the People Operations Manager, your primary responsibility as People and Culture Coordinator will be to support Bicycle Network’s growth and performance by finding, engaging, and supporting our amazing team. We're a highly collaborative & tight-knit team, so a team player attitude will see you thrive in this role.
Driven by transparency, you will be inherently interested in the wellbeing of our network, and will proactively work with management to drive team performance and development.
How you'll do that:
- Collaborate with the Operations and Marketing teams;
- Develop recruitment marketing and engagement campaigns;
- Onboard new team members;
- Provide People & Culture insights for business plans, managements projects, and decisions;
- Coordinate team support services;
- Monitor and boost team morale as measured via team surveys; and
- Adaptably engage in all opportunities with enthusiasm and pride in Bicycle Network's values
Adaptability and robust interpersonal skills are essential to seeing you thrive in this role as you'll hit the ground running!
Our People & Culture Gem
Is passionate about creating change for good and has a solid grasp on HR, Business Management, or similar. This position would be well suited to a driven graduate or a seasoned professional seeking an exciting change.
You'll enhance our team with:
- Demonstrable experience in HR, business management, recruitment coordination, or coordination in a similar function;
- A valid Working With Children Check (or a willingness to obtain);
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 (or hold a valid medical exemption); and
- Bike memes (for morale, of course!)
Experience within not-for-profits, sports, or health organisations would be beneficial, but are not essential.
We aim to be committed, honest, inclusive, and progressive in all we do. You don't have to ride, but believing in an active future is a must for us!
How We've Got Your Back!
- Attractive salary circa $63,500-$67,000 commensurate with experience PLUS;
- Bike packaging (salary packaging, but for bikes!);
- Professional development and emotional wellbeing support subscriptions;
- Hire car discounts;
- Negotiable flexible work arrangements; and
- Negotiable co-funding for study!
If you're keen to play a momentous part in Bicycle Network's post-pandemic growth of bike events culture, show us what you've got, today!