Music and Dance Coordinator
Western Desert Region
- Earn an awesome package plus district allowance + relocation assistance + up to 8 weeks leave and more!
- Accommodation provided (inclusive of utilities) + annual airfare assistance + a work car!
- Teach music and dance, play an incredible part in spreading our stories, & give back via your passion for the arts!
The Pulse of Yarnangu - Be Part of It
We are currently on the lookout for a superstar Music and Dance Coordinator to bring their flair for the arts to the Western Australian desert!
NG Media’s Music and Dance Coordinator will primarily be responsible for enhancing the musical, dance, and coordination of small performances or contributing to festival events, and updating social media platforms for NG Media in local communities.
You will plan and develop culturally relevant and age-appropriate dance and music lessons for both individual students and school groups. Deliver hands-on music lessons (guitar, drums, keyboard, singing). Manage and exemplify the responsible use of social media for arts (TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and our website). Coordinate the performance of music and dance events across the Ngaanyatjarra Lands.
Other responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Travel to beautiful desert communities with the Wingellina community of Ngaanyatjarra Land;
- Record or play live musical performances fortnightly on NG Media's 107.7, testing and maintaining all technical equipment and instruments for safe use;
- Liaise with stakeholders, schools, community groups, and external media sources;
- Report fortnightly to the Radio Broadcast Coordinator, and;
- Identify, recruit, and train local assistants to your position to teach music and dance and coordinate events.
You'll have the privilege of empowering local students and community members to pursue their creativity.
For more information, you can view the position description here.
About Our Ideal Music and Dance Coordinator
You'll display creativity, optimism, and a proactive approach; as well as collaborative, patient, and sensitive communicative attributes.
You will need to show multi-media, social media &/or music skills, coordination experience, a valid Working with Children Check, and complete COVID-19 vaccination. Whilst not essential, experience living remotely &/or working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander communities will be highly regarded.
Please note: good physical fitness and an unrestricted manual driver’s license are essential as you’ll be driving yourself around in a 4WD. Lastly, as with all dry communities, you will need to respect local practice.
- Enjoy an awesome package including a salary circa $60,000-$75,000 PLUS district allowance;
- Relocation assistance, annual airfare assistance, and access to salary sacrifice;
- Accommodation (inclusive of utilities);
- 4 weeks annual leave PLUS 4 weeks additional leave, and;
- A work car, how good!
NG Media’s vision is to empower Yarnangu to create and share their own stories through multimedia to every Australian.
We convey the pulse of the Yarnangu through:
NG Media operates thanks to ongoing funding from the National Indigenous Australians Agency, the Government of Western Australia, Lottery West WA, and more. We bridge the gap between cultures and across the nation with stories. We are an Independent Yarnangu Corporation that employs over 15 Yarnangu workers and is looking to employ many more. We have a small dedicated team working together with Yarnangu Directors from the Ngaanyatjarra Lands.
NG Media is an equal opportunity employer and strives to give opportunity to all Yarnangu People who show a desire to learn and become part of the NG Media team. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
What are you waiting for? Join the NG Media team today!