- Are you a Care Worker looking to join a supportive and safe organisation?
- Above agreement hourly rate circa $24.43 (CSE Grade 2) PLUS super and salary sacrificing options!
- Receive assistance in finding accommodation!
Koonambil Aged Care exists to provide high-quality aged care services in a range of accommodation settings. The facility is located in Coonamble, NSW and is home to 30 residents who receive individualised care in a safe, happy and homelike environment.
We are now looking for Care Workers to join their team on a permanent part-time basis in Coonamble, NSW. In this role, you will provide crucial care to our residents, making a real difference in their day-to-day lives.
This role comes with an attractive above agreement hourly rate circa $24.43 (CSE Grade 2) PLUS super! You will also receive fantastic benefits including salary sacrificing options and assistance in finding accommodation.
You will thoroughly enjoy being part of a family-orientated workplace culture, exhibited by our low rates of staff turnover.
Your next opportunity
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for providing appropriate personal care to all residents of Koonambil in line with the Aged Care Quality Standards.
- Provide quality care to residents
- Attend to all personal care as documented in residents’ care plans and treatment sheets;
- Administer medication and/or other topical preparations;
- Report any changes in residents' condition to the Registered Nurse on duty or the Care Manager
- Provide personal care to assist residents to maintain independence; and
- Coordinate and assist with appropriate recreational activities for all residents with due consideration to individual resident interests, culture, preferences and capabilities.
What you will bring to the team
Our ideal candidate will possess a Cert III in Aged Care or equivalent Cert III in Aged Care Work and demonstrated previous experience working in aged care. Moreover, you will have a strong understanding of Infection Control, Manual Handling and WHS policies and procedures.
Crucial to your role is your ability to demonstrate empathy and a commitment to providing the highest quality of care. You will also be an autonomous worker with strong time management and organisational skills.
This role will require you to communicate with our residents and members of the team. As such, you will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to effectively engage with a wide range of stakeholders and be able to work as part of a collaborative team.
Although not essential, a Cert IV in Leisure and Health and previous experience working with MedSIG software will be highly regarded.
About Koonambil Aged Care
Koonambil ensures that residents have their individual needs catered for and residents continue to lead a purposeful life assisted by ongoing community engagement and participation.
Koonambil has an astute volunteer base that supports the organisation's attentive philosophy to all resident needs and strives to provide a caring, respectful, dignified, independent and homelike environment to all residents.
To read more about Koonambil Aged Care, please click here.
If you're passionate about providing quality care, this is the opportunity for you – Apply now!