Clinical Services Manager
- Are you an experienced Registered Nurse or Aboriginal Health Practitioner looking to make a real difference in the lives of Indigenous communities?
- Enjoy an attractive salary circa $107,415 - $139,772 (Depending on qualifications) PLUS super, relocation assistance and MORE!
- Call Tennant Creek home and enjoy all the Barkly Region has to offer!
Culture is at our heart
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation (AHAC) is a multi-disciplinary organisation that provides primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region.
We consist of four different sections (Health Centre, Corporate Services, Public Health Unit, and Piliyintinji-Ki Stronger Families), which allow us to have a holistic approach to health, ensuring that clients' physical and emotional health and wellbeing is given the utmost priority.
Anyinginyi's vision is that Aboriginal people in the Barkly region enjoy equity in health status with other Australian citizens. Anyinginyi's purpose is to provide high-quality holistic primary health care services focusing on the Aboriginal communities of the Barkly region in a culturally responsive way.
We are now looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic full-time Clinical Services Manager to join our team in Tennant Creek, NT, helping us bring our vision to life.
Fantastic benefits on offer
This is a highly varied and exciting role where you will genuinely make a difference in the lives of Aboriginal people and experience absolute job satisfaction every day – don't miss out!
For your hard work, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary circa $107,415 - $139,772 (negotiable based on qualifications and experience) PLUS super! You will also have access to a range of great benefits, including:
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 on everyday expenses at $2,600 for meals and entertainment expenses
- Subsidised accommodation for candidates outside of the Barkly region
- Up to $5,000 relocation assistance and up to $5,000 repatriation assistance
- 6 weeks annual leave as well as personal/carer's leave up to 10 days per year
- Study leave can be negotiated
- Remote retention allowance of $750
- Employee access to Anyinginyi Health Clinic – with free Prescriptions
- Free General Dentistry (Lab work to be paid by employee)
You will be joining a friendly and professional team where you will also be empowered to pursue your own personal and professional development!
Working closely with the Executive Manager of Medical & Health Services, you will provide leadership, management, and coordination of comprehensive primary health care to the Anyinginyi Health Section, ensuring cultural integrity and high standards of clinical care and client flow.
The position sits within the Health and Medical Services Section and leads a multidisciplinary team of Registered Nurses, Aboriginal Health Practitioners and Allied Health Professionals.
Some of your core duties and functions can be summarised under the following categories:
- General: Ensure that clinical practice, cultural integrity and a supportive team environment are maintained;
- Clinical: Adhere to infection control processes, cold chain standards and maintain overall quality control;
- Leadership and Management: Assist in leadership, recruitment and staff inductions, supervise direct reports and contribute to staff retention
What we need from you
We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse or Aboriginal Health Practitioner with AHPRA registration and previous employment in a leadership or supervisory role.
You will additionally have the following capabilities;
- track record of mentorship and staff development;
- strong interpersonal and communication skills; and
- understanding of comprehensive primary health care service delivery and systems as they relate to the Aboriginal community and a demonstrated commitment to Aboriginal Community Control.
Please note: An Ochre Card (NT Working with Children) card and valid Australian Drivers License are mandatory for this role. You must also be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. A current First Aid Certificate would be beneficial; however not mandatory as Anyinginyi will provide training each year.
Life in Tennant Creek & the Barkly Region!
Year-round blue skies, stunning landscapes and vibrant, diverse and warm communities - that's life in the Northern Territory! Only a short flight from most Australian cities, Tennant Creek, is not just a must-see destination renowned for its identity and rich cultural heritage. Still, it is a remarkable community to set up a home in!
500km north of Alice Springs, Tennant Creek was once a rough and tumble driving town but is now a modern town and one of the Territory's most rural areas. It is home to a regional hospital, a CDU campus, schools, shops and a supermarket, accommodation, bars, clubs and restaurants, banking facilities, sporting clubs and an airport - everything you need to set up a relaxing new lifestyle! People from all walks of life find themselves calling Tennant Creek home.
There is plenty in the region that is sure to keep you occupied. For the thrill-seekers, Tennant Creek is an adventure playground. Explore the trails around Davenport Range National Park in a 4WD or tackle the numerous walking tracks in the region. For complete lifestyle immersion, set up camp on a cattle station, such as Banka Banka Station, where travellers can have a steak on the barby and enjoy a cold beverage on the verandah of the historic mud-brick homestead; the options are endless.
This opportunity won't last long - if you think you have what it takes - Apply now!