- An exciting salary starting at $76,000 + super!
- Get your weekends back! Enjoy 8 weeks on 2 weeks off allowing you to pursue work and life balance.
- Collaborative and caring environment providing nourishment to students and elderly people!
Our client is now seeking an experienced Cook to join their unique facility in the remote Northern Territory. They value optimism, collaboration, and a proactive approach.
The opportunity would best suit someone with high-volume meal production experience in hospitals, aged care, or similar.
What you can look forward to:
Get your weekends back!
- An exciting salary starting at $76,000 + super (depending on experience and qualifications);
- 8 weeks on and 2 weeks off allowing you to pursue work and life balance;
- A collaborative and caring environment where everyone loves turning up to work;
- A 12-month fixed-term contract with potential for extension for the right candidate.
What we need from you:
First and foremost, you have cooking experience in the commercial, aged care, hospital, or hospitality arenas. You can also demonstrate:
- Proactive bulk meal preparation;
- Budgeting, menu planning, ordering, scheduling, inventory monitoring, and reconciliation skills;
- A professional and approachable demeanour + interpersonal versatility working within a diverse team of professionals and community members.
- Supervisory skills will be required at times to ensure kitchen hands are following safety protocols and to oversee the successful delivery of meals to elderly clients;
- Cleanliness, quality assurance, resilience, passion, and commitment to delivering quality.
Additionally, you need to present a current, unrestricted driver’s license.
Whilst tertiary qualifications are not essential, a certificate IV in training and assessment or equivalent + a certificate II in food handling are highly favourable.
As part of the Community Services (Aged Care and School Nutrition) team, your primary responsibility will be preparing breakfast and lunch Monday-Friday, contributing healthy meals to our community’s school nutrition program, community aged care, and other events depending on what’s happening in the community.
You will be managing up to 120 meals per day at peak, so it is paramount you have strong time management and interpersonal skills to thrive in this role.
To learn more about this wonderful opportunity to serve the community in the rural Northern Territory, apply today! Applications take 2 minutes or less.