- Are you an IT Administrator looking to join an industry leader in beautiful Bulolo, PNG?
- Enjoy a highly attractive salary based on your qualifications and experience!
- All living expenses paid for!
PNG Forest Products
PNG Forest Products is an industry leader in Engineered Wood Products and has built a better future for PNG through sustainable manufacturing practices since 1954.
Employing over 1,200 Papua New Guineans, our manufacturing plant in Bulolo produces various products for domestic and international consumption.
We now have an exciting role for an IT Administrator to join our growing team on a full-time basis. This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate IT Administrator to join a business that offers long-term continuity and growth.
Perks of the role
This role comes with an attractive salary package, which is highly negotiable based on your skills and experience.
You and your family will also receive full expatriate support! This includes:
- Accommodation and utilities;
- A vehicle;
- Medical and health insurance; and
- Club membership and other entertainment costs.
If you have dependents, we will also pay for their schooling fees.
Your next opportunity
As our newest IT Administrator, you will manage our PNGFP Information Systems/Infrastructure across all divisions. Moreover, you will manage a small team of support staff, ensure systems are developed, and maintain IT platforms and systems while ensuring that business needs are met.
Your core duties will be to administer the following networks and platforms:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Value Added Network (VAN) (IPSEC);
- Structured Query Language (SQL);
- Transmission Control Protocol/Internal Protocol (TCP/IP);
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library/Helpdesk Software;
- Microsoft Exchange Server;
- Active Directory/Window Server Management (MCP minimal level);
- Wireless network connection installation and maintenance – using point-to-point to the multi-point wireless antenna (Ubiqiuti, Egenius or TP-Link); and
- CCTV installation and maintenance.
You will also manage the PNGFP Information System/Infrastructure across all divisions.
What you will bring to the team
To thrive in this role, you will possess qualifications in IT and a minimum of 3 years of experience as an IT Administrator. You will have experience with POS systems and ERP and can adapt these to systems already used by PNGFP (e.g., ACCPAC-Sage300 and Crystal report).
Although not essential, previous experience and knowledge of Backup and Disaster Recovery using Veeam Backup and Replication and Cyberoam/Sophos XGS Firewall and Fortinet are highly regarded.
You will be a team player who is solution-driven and has the skills to plan for business needs in advance effectively. Moreover, you will be able to work well under pressure and prioritise competing priorities.
Crucial to this role is your ability to effectively build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and communicate with and manage your team in a positive and motivating manner.
Please note: you will be required to hold a current Passport that has been valid for a minimum of 2-3 years, and you will need to be willing to commit to working in Papua New Guinea.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, Apply Now!