Solicitor - Family & Civil Law
- Would you like to work with a dynamic and fabulous team of women passionate about gender equity and equality, social justice and empowerment of women?
- Enjoy an attractive salary circa $95,000 – $110,000 + 12% super + salary sacrificing options!
- Highly flexible role allowing you to work from anywhere!
- Do this role on a part-time or full-time basis!
Make a real difference in the lives of women
Central Australian Women's Legal Service (CAWLS) is committed to providing representation and excellent outcomes for our clients through law reform, legal advice and representation, community legal education and outreach. With offices in Central Australia and the Barkly; our services are available to all persons who identify as women, non-binary and gender diverse who have been adversely impacted by patriarchal structures and practices.With offices in Central Australia and the Barkly, our services are available to all persons who identify as women, non-binary and gender diverse who patriarchal structures and practices have adversely impacted.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Family & Civil Law Solicitor to join our dynamic team either on a part-time or full-time role and provide high-quality advice and casework. This is a highly flexible role, allowing you to work from anywhere in Australia. If you prefer to work in an office environment, we will offer relocation assistance to help you move to our office in Alice Springs.
This role is perfect for a Solicitor who is looking to work remotely and enjoy the ultimate work/life balance!
Benefits on offer
This role comes with an attractive salary circa $95,000 – $110,000 (highly dependent on skills and experience) + 12% super and generous salary sacrificing options. You will also have fantastic benefits on offer, including:
- Two weeks of wellbeing leave
- Robust wellbeing program
- Ongoing learning and development
- Relocation assistance (only available to candidates looking for a full-time opportunity to live in Alice Springs)
We are committed to providing ongoing training and on-the-job support to ensure you succeed in your new role. You will have the full support of an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly collaborative team.
Your next opportunity
Your key responsibility will be to provide legal advice, representation and referrals to clients attending CAWLS within our service delivery areas.
- Work with the Management Team to provide high-quality legal advice and casework to CAWLS clients;
- Enable, educate and empower women to better engage in the legal system so that their rights can be considered and respected;
- Assist in creating a bright and safe future for all women and children, helping them to live with dignity and respect, free from all forms of violence and abuse; and
- Assist CAWLS in fulfilling all obligations under funding agreements while ensuring the service complies with all regulatory bodies.
Please note that this role is open to female-identifying applicants only due to the nature of the position. Please note as well that this role regularly deals with emotionally distressing circumstances. As such, a personal commitment to reflection and self-care to build resilience and minimise the impact of vicarious trauma is essential.
An applicant's gender is a genuine occupational requirement of this position, authorised by s35 of the NT Anti-Discrimination Act and Division 4 (s30, ss1 & ss2a,c,g,e,& h) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1984.
What you will bring to the team
To thrive in this role, you will possess a Bachelor of Law and have a minimum of 4-5 years of post-admission experience in a broad range of civil law matters, including family law and other civil law matters. You will also be eligible to be admitted as a lawyer in the Northern Territory.
You will also possess or be willing to obtain the following certificates:
- Driver's License
- NT Ochre Card
- Criminal History Check
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
You will be highly motivated, proactive and client-centred. We are looking for an individual who can effectively work in a team while taking directions from Senior Solicitors. Crucial to your success is your ability to effectively manage your time and meet deadlines.
Moreover, you will be able to work in a trauma-informed service delivery model, including working with a multi-disciplinary team while collaborating with other agencies to deliver client outcomes.