Administration Officer with WHS Duties
Elizabeth, Adelaide SA
- Competitive salary of $68,544 - $73,231 + super + annual WHS allowance of $3,437!
- Work in a unique learning environment making a genuine difference in the lives of students and the wider community!
- Genuine opportunities for ongoing learning, development and upskilling!
Who We Are
EREA Flexi Schools is an initiative of Edmund Rice Education Australia. The Flexible Learning Centres (FLCs) offer a full-time and multiyear secondary education program for young people who have disengaged from mainstream schooling. The young people enrolled in our programs typically express a broad range of complex education and social needs and the FLCs respond with a variety of flexible and innovative teaching and learning practices including vocational planning and the development of social connectedness.
Our school provides an educational and wellbeing service for young people aged 12 – 21 years of age. Edmund Rice Flexi is centrally co- located at the Elizabeth TAFE Campus and aims to re-engage young people who are looking to access a different way of learning. Fundamental to our operation are the principles of Respect, Participation, Honesty and Safe & Legal. Staff and young people come together on ‘common ground’ where everyone has a voice in making decisions and establishing working agreements to foster a positive environment where young people can achieve positive educational and wellbeing outcomes.
About the Role
You will be reporting to the Head of Campus and will have the delegated responsibility for providing administrative, accounting and payroll support to Edmund Rice Flexi School Network, as well as ensuring smooth operation of the reception area. The position will also require you to work alongside the Risk and Compliance Officer to ensure Work Health and Safety requirements are being met.
Other day to day tasks may include:
- Providing assistance to staff, young people and their families
- Preparing and distributing communications to staff, young people, their families and the wider community
- Overseeing compliance for administrative processes with particular regard to enrolments and referrals
- Maintaining databases and systems
- Preparing reports for governing bodies as required
- Participating in meetings with key internal and external stakeholders
A Rewarding Role - In More Ways Than One
In addition to a competitive salary of $68,544 - $73,231 (depending on experience) + super, you will receive:
- An annual allowance of $3,437 for your WHS duties
- Genuine opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- A supportive team environment where every staff member is committed to a shared vision
Please note that this is a full-time ongoing role, so some work during school holidays will be required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
Though previous experience in school administration/accounting is not essential, you will utilise your knowledge of administrative duties generally to successfully perform the duties of the Administration Officer. Other requirements include strong data entry skills, demonstrated knowledge of applications such as MS Office Suite and a genuine passion for supporting the EREA vision.
While your role will not involve directly educating the children and young people on-site, it will provide support to these students and their educators, who go above and beyond everyday in ensuring the young people have consistent access to a safe learning environment. Because of this, we require an Administration Officer who is compassionate, patient and excited to be a part of a truly unique learning experience.
Some desirable (but not essential) attributes also include:
- Successful completion of Education Support qualifications (e.g. Certificate II, III, IV or Diploma)
- Knowledge of student data management systems such as EDSAS, CeSis or SEQTA (though this can be taught on the job)
Employment within Catholic Education South Australia is conditional upon the provision of evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 or the provision of a valid medical exemption in line with CESA policy.
Please Note: Edmund Rice Education Australia is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and young people. All applicants will be subject to EREA and legislative screening procedures. These checks are consistent with EREA’s commitment to child protection policies and procedures.
We strongly encourage candidates of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply for this position.