Manager Property & Infrastructure
- Join an emergency service organisation that saves lives and serves the community on the water
- Work in one of the best office locations in Sydney out of the organisation's Headquarters in Cronulla.
- Attractive remuneration package
About the Organisation
Marine Rescue NSW (MRNSW) is the State’s legislated marine rescue service, committed to the mission of saving lives on the water. Boasting the largest and most advanced search and rescue fleet in Australasia, along with the most extensive marine VHF radio network, the 3,200 highly trained volunteers and staff in 45 strategically located units across NSW deliver this life-saving service 24/7/365.
The Headquarters staff at MRNSW provide a well-resourced and close-knit leadership, management and support team function for their volunteer units as well as government and community partners and stakeholders.
Your Next Opportunity
Due to a recent departure within the team, an opportunity has become available to manage the organisation’s Property and Infrastructure portfolio.
Based at the Headquarters office in Cronulla, NSW you will be responsible for ensuring efficient and effective operations across the MRNSW property and infrastructure portfolio, including marine emergency systems infrastructure.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- Liaising with key external stakeholders such as Crown Lands, local councils, and other government departments
- Ensuring property & infrastructure compliance requirements are being met
- Managing external contractors with respect to new property and infrastructure builds including project managers, architects and construction companies
- Conducting ongoing risk assessments
- Managing and administering long term leases and licences for all properties and facilities
- Conducting strategic procurement activities
Included within a competitive remuneration package you will also have access to not-for-profit salary sacrificing options as well as access to a company car for when you are required to travel to MRNSW sites.
You will also enjoy coming to work every day in one of the best office locations in all of Sydney - with waterside views and ample free parking.
What You'll Bring to the Team
You will be an ethical and professional leader with experience in strategising for the planning and management of property facilities including asset needs analysis, construction and maintenance programs.
You will have high level budget management skills, including a sharp eye for procurement value and contract optimisation.
This position is well-suited to someone with prior experience in Town Planning within a council, as knowledge of relevant regulation and compliance requirements impacting infrastructure and development is a must.
Other requirements include:
- Experience in a senior property or infrastructure position, with previous responsibilities including project management and service delivery
- Proven ability to represent the interests of an organisation in project design and procurement
- A track record of successful property and/or infrastructure development
- An ability to coordinate and support workplace safety measures related to MRNSW property and infrastructure
- Approving building and construction plans
This is a fantastic opportunity to step into a state-wide emergency service organisation saving lives everyday - APPLY NOW!