Senior Head Stockperson - Wagyu
Due to internal promotions in our Brindley Park Property Group we are looking to expand our team with a new Senior Head Stockperson to work with our existing team in our Full Blood Wagyu Stud Operation.
Australian Country Choice (ACC) are proud industry leaders in producing and supplying highest quality beef products to the local and export markets. As the world's largest, family owned, fully integrated supply chain, we employ over 1200 Queenslanders and together our diverse operation processes 350,000 head of cattle across large-scale breeding, backgrounding, farming and feed lotting operations through to our modern food processing and value add packing facility.
About the role:
Currently seeking an experienced Senior Head Stockperson to work on Wagyu Operation side of the business.
Conveniently located 50kms North East of Roma in Queensland. ACC provide a comfortable, air-conditioned family home with beautiful views. The Senior Head Stockperson (Wagyu Focused) will co-ordinate our large-scale specialist livestock operation
The position responsibilities including:
- Meeting operational goals whilst guaranteeing best practice animal husbandry and maintaining the highest standards of animal welfare;
- Oversee and implement large scale artificial breeding programs (AI & IVF);
- Overseeing a high standard of data collection and DNA testing;
- Coordinate Cattle through the supply chain and ensure accurate recording and reporting;
- Manage all aspects of the animal health;
- Assist in designing and delivering supplementation programs to ensure consistent and controlled growth in growing cattle as well as maximising fertility in the breeding herd;
- Promote and educate crew on best practice low stress livestock handling;
- Managing a safe work environment and implementing safe systems of work
- Effective utilisation of station crew and resources
Along with demonstrated success managing an operation at a similar level, the successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Head Stockperson role;
- Experience working with Wagyu herd is preferred OR alternatively other breeds in stud work environments;
- Highly capable and confident horsemanship and ability to operate 2-wheel motorbikes safely;
- Highly experienced with low stress stock handling techniques;
- A high level of competency required for data records and reporting is essential;
- Demonstrated success at being effective Leader and coaching, motivating & supervising stock crew;
- High level of understanding of compliance and regulatory requirements relating to animal welfare and the environment;
- Mechanically minded and able to operate, maintain and repair infrastructure, plant and equipment
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a very high level of attention to detail;
- Adaptability to change, willingness to adopt new processes, systems and ways of working
- Practical experience and understanding of Work, Health & Safety
- Solid computer literacy
- Physical fitness, ability and agility to safely undertake the physical elements of the role
At ACC we’ve earned our stripes as masters of our craft & continue to deliver the highest standards in safety, customer, operational excellence, innovation & our people & capability. Our need to “Be Right” is actively driven by the behaviours that underpin our values of belief, energy, responsibility, integrity, grit, humility & team.
Australian Country Choice (ACC) together with Australian Cattle and Beef Holdings is a 100% Australian owned and family operated industry leader, producing and supplying highest quality beef products to the local and export markets. Together, our operations spread over 5 million acres throughout Queensland, encompass large scale cattle breeding, backgrounding, farming, feedlots and our state of the art food processing and packaging facility. We are proudly the largest, family owned, vertically integrated supply chain. This means you really do get the best of both worlds. You get the opportunity and security that comes with a progressive corporate pastoral operation who continue to grow, develop and innovate, along with the support and personal interest that comes with being part of a family business. We’re solid, we’re progressive and we continue to invest in our infrastructure, our technology and our people.
“Please note: it is a condition of employment that you are vaccinated for QFever and Covid19"