We're proud industry leaders and being 100% Australian owned, we are the world’s largest, family owned and vertically integrated, beef supply chain. Our commitment to safety, quality and operational excellence is shared by our dedicated team of over 1300 employees across 4 million acres of cattle breeding, backgrounding, farming and lot feeding operations across Queensland, carrying up to 250,000 head of cattle. Click here to watch our corporate video.
Full-time opportunities now exist for experienced Skilled Boners, Slicers and Slaughter Persons on both morning & afternoon shifts in our primary processing department for immediate start to joining our team of over 900 employees at our state of the art food processing facility. Together we work to process up to 350,000 head of cattle per year, supplying our customers with the highest quality beef products. You’ll enjoy variety and challenge in meeting various customer requirements and specifications with a range of cattle types and sizes. These positions report to the room Supervisors, working 40 hours per week on either shifts, mostly Monday to Friday with regular overtime available on Saturdays.
You'll have minimum of 2 years experience as Boner, Slicer or Slaughter Person (with beef or red meat) as well as:
- Well-developed knife handling and technical skills, including knife sharpening
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- History of excellent reliability, attendance and timekeeping at work
- Pride in delivering quality workmanship required to meet our customer specifications
- Commitment to always working safely in line with policies, procedures, PPE & work instructions
- Working positively as part of a team
- Being adaptive to change & new ways of working
- Being keen to learn and take on additional responsibility, processes & tasks
- Ability to work within a cold storage environment and with raw meat products
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime when require
Operating 51 weeks per year, ACC offers competitive (time based) wages, long term job stability & security, opportunities for career progression along with:You’ll need to demonstrate your ability to safely fulfil the physical requirements of the role (through functional capacity assessment including drug and alcohol testing) and participate in a skills assessment.
- A minimum rate of $53,900 base salary plus superannuation
- Opportunities for regular overtime
- Modern, state of the art meat processing facility and technology
- Onsite physio
- Training and ongoing development opportunities
- Free onsite car parking
We’ve earned our stripes as masters of our craft & continue to deliver the highest standards in safety, customer, operational excellence, innovation & our people & capability. Our need to “Be Right” is actively driven by the behaviors that underpin our values of belief, energy, responsibility, integrity, grit, humility & team.
Apply now & earn your stripes with us!