The Australian Country Choice group of companies (ACC) are proud industry leaders in producing and supplying high quality beef products to major supermarket retailers and export markets. Being 100% Australian owned, we are the world’s largest, family operated, vertically integrated, beef supply chain. Our commitment to safety, quality and operational excellence is shared by our dedicated team of over 1300 employees across multiple cattle breeding, backgrounding, farming and lot feeding properties across Queensland, through to our state of the art food processing and value-add packing facility just east of Brisbane’s CBD. Learn more about our diverse operation here which spans over 4 million acres, carries up to 300,000 head of cattle and has the capacity to process up to 350,000 head every year.
It’s both an exciting and challenging time to be a part of ACC as our business model, customer base, service and delivery undergoes significant transformation.
About the role:
Working alongside the Feedmill Manager – you’ll be part of the responsibility for ensuring safe, effective, efficient operations across our Mill & Feeding team at Brindley Park, as well as:
- Driving industry best practice in environmental and animal welfare practices
- Assist in managing a safe place of work and promoting a safety culture
- Providing knowledge & support for livestock nutrition with consultation from industry leading consulting Nutritionist and environmental conditions unique to feedlots
- Coaching, mentoring and development of managers and their staff
- Managing & prioritizing infrastructure maintenance and repairs
- Overseeing livestock data systems
Ideally, you’ll have demonstrated success in a similar role within a Feedmill:
- Practical understanding of food safety, quality and compliance requirements and its application in a feedlot environment
- Ability to lead, manage and mentor a team of engaged, motivated and capable operators
- Sound judgement & decision making skills
- Computer literacy and experience in livestock data systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to a range of stakeholders
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated industry experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage up and down throughout levels of staff;
- Develop strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent time management skills with ability to organise, multi-task and prioritise;
- Be professional, resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise;
- Knowledge of cattle types and cattle behaviour;
- Attention to detail; and
- Commitment to safety and quality outcomes.
Apply now and make your next move your best yet!