Innovation Projects Officer - Cattle & Beef Production
Cannon Hill, Brisbane
- 100% Australian owned & family operated, Queensland based organisation
- Fully, integrated cattle & beef supply chain
- Long term career development opportunities
Australian Country Choice (ACC) is a proud industry leader in breeding and producing high quality cattle & supplying beef products to major domestic supermarket retailers and international markets. We are the world’s largest, family owned & operated, vertically integrated, cattle & beef supply chain. Learn more about our diverse operation here which spans over 4 million acres, carries up to 300,000 head of cattle and has the capacity to process up to 350,000 head every year. Our commitment to safety, quality and operational excellence is shared by our dedicated team of over 1200 employees across cattle breeding, backgrounding, farming and lot feeding properties throughout Queensland, to our state of the art food processing and value-add packing facility, conveniently located at Cannon Hill, just east of Brisbane’s CBD. It’s an exciting time to be a part of ACC as our business model, customer base, service and delivery undergoes significant transformation and growth.
About the role:
Based at our Cannon Hill head office, joining ACC's Commercial team and reporting to the Group Manager, Research & Development & Innovation, your primary responsibility will be to provide a range of project management activities, analysis and support that ensures our delivery of a range of innovative industry research & development projects and initiatives. Success in this role will be dependent on your willingness and ability to gain an in-depth understanding of our whole supply chain operation, from cattle breeding, backgrounding, feedlotting, farming & meat processing so that you build strong relationships with our teams on the ground. With this in hand, you'll deliver:
- Project management from conception to completion including briefing, planning, scoping, budgeting, programming, resourcing, contracting, reporting and presenting
- Capture and analysis of data & statistical information to provide, informed and meaningful insights that support recommendations and decision making
- Identify opportunities for innovation and drive continuous improvement
- Development timely & accurate reports, dashboards and data to monitor & manage projects
With relevant tertiary qualifications, most likely from Agribusiness, Science, Engineering, Food Technology along with two years demonstrated practical and paid work within your field, you'll bring a suite of transferrable skills that will enable you to:
- Apply project management methodologies and principals to systematically driving initiatives
- Build strong relationships with our operations teams, in all areas and at all levels
- Develop engaging & informative written reports, communications & presentations, tailored for the purpose and audience
- Effectively manage your time, priorities and work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Apply your highly developed planning, organisational & administrative skills
- Maintain a commercially savvy approach in identifying opportunities, problem solving & critical thinking that drives performance & business outcomes
- Be forward and solutions focussed towards continuous improvement, innovation and development within the industry
- Utilise your advanced computer literacy within the Microsoft Office suite, as well as project management & statistical/analytical software
- Demonstrate your practical understanding & commitment to legislative obligations & best practice relating to: food safety & quality standards, animal welfare, environment & work, health & safety
Whilst experience within the meat industry, food processing and/or agribusiness is highly advantageous, it is equally important that you are an engaging, energetic, self starter who is keen to be hands on and immerse yourself in all areas of our business.
At ACC we’ve earned our stripes as masters of our craft & continue to deliver the highest standards in safety, customer, operational excellence, innovation & our people & capability. Our need to “Be Right” is actively driven by the behaviors that underpin our values of: belief, energy, responsibility, integrity, grit, humility & team.
Apply now & earn your stripes with us.
Loyalty is at the heart of all we do. It harks from the Lee family and it is particularly present in our people.
Change is not for change's sake - we value beneficial change that improves our business.
We value truth and transparency – we need this to collaborate and trust each other and to achieve our full potential.
We value personal ownership. We take responsibility for ourselves, our relationships, our time management, our workspaces and tools. We are honest and full of integrity and this maximises our contribution.
We value human life. The lives of every member of our team are of equal value and every person who enters our site should leave our site in good health. Some of our team members have more dangerous jobs than others and we all work harder to ensure they stay safe. We also value the lives of all humans, including our customers and their customers whose safety relies on this value.
We know our customers keep us in business which ensures our jobs. We know that our customers have their own customers who include our friends, our families and other people we don't know.