Talent & Capability Coordinator
- New, blended role - Recruitment + L&D
- 100% Australian owned & operated Queensland family business
- Multi-faceted, beef supply chain – Corporate, manufacturing & agribusiness
Australian Country Choice (ACC) are proud industry leaders in producing and supplying highest quality cattle and beef throughout our domestic market, including major retailers and the export markets. Being 100% Australian owned, we are the world’s largest, family operated, vertically integrated, beef supply chain. Our commitment to safety, quality and operational excellence is shared by our dedicated team of over 1200 employees across multiple cattle breeding, backgrounding, farming and lot feeding properties across Queensland, through to our state-of-the-art food processing and value-add packing facility, conveniently located at Cannon Hill, just east of Brisbane’s CBD.
Learn more about our diverse operation here which spans over 4 million acres, carries up to 300,000 head of cattle and has the capacity to process up to 300,000 head every year.
It’s an exciting and challenging time to be a part of ACC as our business model, customer base, service and delivery undergoes significant transformation so the nature of the Human Resources service and partnership with our business changes to ensure the necessary investment in attracting, developing and retaining our people.
About the role
Based at our head office processing facility at Cannon Hill, this newly created, blended position plays a pivotal role at every step of our employee’s lifecycle. With loads of variety, your responsibilities in the Talent Acquisition & Retention space will include:
- Develop, update & maintaining position descriptions and library
- Identify & articulate role requirements, skills and experience
- Build and execute tailored attraction strategies underpinned by well crafted, customised and engaging job ads
- Develop and facilitate robust screening, selection & assessment tools and processes
- Ensure compliance through conducting pre-employment checks, Coordinate offers & contracts
- Facilitate an engaging start up and onboarding experience for new team members through to induction & orientation.
- Coordinating migrant worker processes
- Build our employer brand & participate in industry and careers events as an ambassador for ACC
- Candidate administration, management and talent pooling
- Track & facilitate probation reviews and outcomes
- Coordinate exit interviews and analyse data to provide informed insights to stakeholders
And within the L&D space, activities will include:
- Administration of users and allocating learning paths in our new cloud based LMS
- Building role competency profiles.
- Monitor & record performance and development planning
- Support the L&D specialist in building training and leadership programs Maintaining Recruitment Platform and LMS
- Monitor & coordinate compliance training with external providers.
- Maintain records and documentation in relation to compliance training and certification.
- Contribute to designing internal training aids and materials
- Work with Group L&D Specialist to identify training needs in consultation with managers.
Along with our new Learning Management System, ACC are also currently implementing a tier one, cloud based Human Capital Management and Recruitment platforms and the Talent & Capability Coordinator will play a key role in the implementation, roll out and utilisation of these platforms across the business.
You’ll be an energetic, self-starter with loads of initiative, who brings demonstrated practical experience within a diverse organisation in either or both the Talent or L&D space. The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- Down to earth and engaging interpersonal style with ability to quickly establish rapport and build credibility within a diverse, multi-cultural & multiple site operation.
- Sound understanding of and ability to apply awards and industrial instruments
- Understanding and application of inclusiveness, equal opportunity, diversity and discrimination during selection processes
- Demonstrated experience with international workers, working rights, visas and migration policy and procedures
- Highly developed computer literacy, with advanced MS Office skills
- Practical working knowledge of general LMS and cloud based recruitment platforms or the ability to pick up and adapt to new systems quickly
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities across multiple tasks and locations
- Analysis and report writing & producing skills or the ability and willingness to learn quickly
- Understanding of compliance & work health & safety training requirements
- Understanding of AQFT and the VET Sector to help when managing external providers and advantage
- Cert IV training and assessment an advantage
We’re a relatively new team, with diverse backgrounds & skillsets who together share a commitment to best practice and to making a true, positive impact on our organisation and our people and to building something we’re proud of. This opportunity is ideal for a proactive and forward thinking operator who is keen to develop and grow within the role which can offer various career paths through to HR generalist, a specialist practitioner, HR leadership and even operational management within ACC.
As a company, we’ve earned our stripes as masters of our craft & continue to deliver the highest standards in safety, customer, operational excellence, innovation & our people & capability. Our need to “Be Right” is actively driven by the behaviors that underpin our values of: belief, energy, responsibility, integrity, grit, humility & team. Apply now and earn your stripes with us.