Maintenance All Rounder / Handyperson
Cannon Hill, Brisbane
- Full-time, permanent role with top $$$
- Head office & food processing (red meat) facility
- Convenient inner-eastern suburbs location with free onsite parking
Australian Country Choice (ACC) are proud industry leaders in producing and supplying highest quality cattle and beef throughout our domestic market, including major retailers and the export markets. Being 100% Australian owned, we are the world’s largest, family operated, vertically integrated, beef supply chain. Our commitment to safety, quality and operational excellence is shared by our dedicated team of over 1200 employees across multiple cattle breeding, backgrounding, farming and lot feeding properties across Queensland, through to our state-of-the-art food processing and value-add packing facility, conveniently located at Cannon Hill, just east of Brisbane’s CBD.
About the role:
Located at our state of the art food processing facility, you'll report to the Site Services Manager and join a dedicated team of safety focused trades & maintenance. With loads of variety as a "jack of all trades", you'll undertake work to ensure our site and buildings are maintained to high standards with tasks that include:
- General external and internal maintenance and repairs
- Safe use of various hand and power tools
- Small scale fabrication and welding
- Cleaning/ housekeeping
- Maintenance and small scale repairs
- Routine maintenance to gardening equipment
- Small scale installation and/or carpentry
- Repair equipment or appliances
- Assist tradespeople where and if needed
- Ensure accurate reporting & data as required
You'll be highly experienced and knowledgeable with general maintenance and building repairs, minor plumbing, tiling and joinery repairs, cleaning and other relevant trades along with:
- Flexibility to work day and afternoon shifts on a rotating roster
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Eye for detail and quality work
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive team player
- Commitment to safety and quality principals and practices in everything you do
- Ability to work reliably and unsupervised
- A willingness to perform other duties as required
- Physical fitness and ability to safely fulfil the physical requirements of the role
- Open driver's licence
- High Risk Forklift (desirable)
- High Risk EWP (desirable)
This is an ideal role for a reliable and skilled self starter who is keen to operate in a diverse and fast paced manufacturing environment.
As a company, we’ve earned our stripes as masters of our craft & continue to deliver the highest standards in safety, customer, operational excellence, innovation & our people & capability. Our need to “Be Right” is actively driven by the behaviors that underpin our values of: belief, energy, responsibility, integrity, grit, humility & team. Apply now and earn your stripes with us. Apply now & Make your next move your best yet. Watch our corporate video here.
Loyalty is at the heart of all we do. It harks from the Lee family and it is particularly present in our people.
Change is not for change's sake - we value beneficial change that improves our business.
We value truth and transparency – we need this to collaborate and trust each other and to achieve our full potential.
We value personal ownership. We take responsibility for ourselves, our relationships, our time management, our workspaces and tools. We are honest and full of integrity and this maximises our contribution.
We value human life. The lives of every member of our team are of equal value and every person who enters our site should leave our site in good health. Some of our team members have more dangerous jobs than others and we all work harder to ensure they stay safe. We also value the lives of all humans, including our customers and their customers whose safety relies on this value.
We know our customers keep us in business which ensures our jobs. We know that our customers have their own customers who include our friends, our families and other people we don't know.