Cannon Hill, Brisbane
- 100% Australian owned and operated industry leader
- Convenient Cannon Hill location with free onsite parking
- Long term career development opportunities
About the role:
The Livestock Supervisor reports to the Primary Processing, Day Shift Manager and is responsible for hands on supervision of the stock yard and team to ensure cattle are received, cared for, handled and ready for processing in line with production schedules, and managed with the highest standards of animal welfare, environment, compliance. In delivering this, the livestock supervisor will:
- Proactively liaise with Livestock Co-ordinator and Production Managers regarding livestock logistics and production schedules
- Provide effective operational supervision and direction to the stockyard team and maintain high standards of performance and productivity.
- Manage electronic time and attendance, staff rosters, leave planning, overtime approvals etc.
- Proactively coach, train and develop others and build a positive team culture
- Ensure safe place of work for self and others by identifying hazards, mitigating risks and implementing safe work procedures/instructions, in line with work, health & safety legislation
- Accurately capture, report and document required data and information
- Apply in-depth knowledge of animal welfare, environmental, food safety and quality compliance practices to the highest standards
- Engage relevant stakeholders and shared services including maintenance, quality, people & culture and safety teams in a proactive and positive manner
- Undertake Livestock coordinator role when required to deliver a smooth, uninterrupted supply of livestock to meet production requirements through in liaising with vendors, feedlots and transport providers, livestock scheduling activities and completing livestock compliance documentation and reporting.
Along with extensive livestock handling and management experience within a processing environment, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Success in leading supervising a high performing team
- The confidence and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- High level of attention to detail, numeracy & literacy skills
- Intermediate computer skills and willingness to embrace technology and new systems
- Ability to operate effectively in a high pressure environment
- Previous knowledge and hands on exposure to livestock schedules, logistics, transport and compliance documentation and administration
- Working knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements and obligations relating to animal welfare, quality, environment, work, health and safety and employee relations.
Being the world’s largest, privately owned, vertically integrated beef supply chain and being wholly Australian and family-owned and operated—you get the best of both worlds. You get the opportunity and security that comes with a progressive corporate operation that continues to grow, develop, and innovate, with the support and personal interest that comes with being part of a family business. We are proud of our capability and capacity to breed, grow and feed high quality cattle, provide customised feeding programs, food processing and packaging services for major, domestic supermarket retailers and supply highest quality beef products throughout an extensive export market. To do this, we employ over 1,200 Queenslanders across 4 million acres of farming, feed lotting, backgrounding and breeding operations as well as our state of the art multi-specie food processing facility at Cannon Hill with capacity to process 350,000 head of cattle per year.
At ACC we have earned our stripes as masters of our craft & continue to deliver the highest standards in safety, customer, investment in innovation and capability of our people to ensure ongoing operational excellence. Our need to “Be Right” is actively driven by the behaviors that underpin our values of belief, energy, responsibility, integrity, grit, humility & team. Apply now to earn your stripes with us. Apply now and earn your stripes with us!
Loyalty is at the heart of all we do. It harks from the Lee family and it is particularly present in our people.
Change is not for change's sake - we value beneficial change that improves our business.
We value truth and transparency – we need this to collaborate and trust each other and to achieve our full potential.
We value personal ownership. We take responsibility for ourselves, our relationships, our time management, our workspaces and tools. We are honest and full of integrity and this maximises our contribution.
We value human life. The lives of every member of our team are of equal value and every person who enters our site should leave our site in good health. Some of our team members have more dangerous jobs than others and we all work harder to ensure they stay safe. We also value the lives of all humans, including our customers and their customers whose safety relies on this value.
We know our customers keep us in business which ensures our jobs. We know that our customers have their own customers who include our friends, our families and other people we don't know.