Feedlot Livestock Manager - Roma Region
- Join a 100% Australian owned & operated industry leader
- Great package incl 3 bedroom cottage
- Conveniently located near Roma
Australian Country Choice (ACC), together with Australian Cattle and Beef Holdings (ACBH) are proud industry leaders in producing and supplying highest quality beef products to the local and export markets. As the world’s largest, family owned, vertically integrated beef supply chain, we employ over 1500 Queenslanders and together our operation processes 300,000 head of cattle across our large-scale breeding, backgrounding, farming and feedlot operations through to our state of the art food processing and value add packing facility.
About the Role
Located at our Brindley Park Feedlot, feeding over 20 000 head and conveniently located just 32 km from Roma, the Livestock Manager is critical to ensuring all our cattle handling, treatment, processing, feeding and movement is undertaken safely, effectively and to the highest possible standards of animal health, welfare & quality. By effectively planning, overseeing & managing the day to day feedlot & livestock activity, the role will involve:
- Ensuring safe place of work
- Driving team & individual performance through effective people management & supervision
- Developing others through coaching, mentoring & training
- Maintaining industry best standards & quality across health & safety, animal welfare & environment
- Overseeing all aspects of cattle handling and observation from induction, feeding, health management, pen riding, movements & dispatch
- Ensuring accurate data & information capture, recording & reporting
- Competent use of livestock data systems and technology
- Inventory control & stocktaking of all livestock related products
- Budget & financial management & reporting
- Collaboration & positive contribution to the broader intensive management team
With 5 years livestock experience within an intensive/feedlot environment, you'll either be currently doing a similar role within a smaller operation, or, you’re an energetic, up & coming head stockperson, supervisor or senior leading hand. Either way, you’re now hungry to step up and take your career to the next level.
Most importantly, you share our passion for cattle, our commitment to the health & welfare of our people and animals and you have an uncompromising approach to working safely and ensuring quality results. You’re technologically curious and systems savvy, as well as being a hands-on leader who can successfully build & maintain a high performing livestock crew.
The successful applicant will bring an energetic approach along with:
- Highly developed livestock handling & management skills
- Strong horsemanship ability
- Demonstrated ability to lead others
- Confident & collaborative interpersonal approach & communication
- Solid judgement, initiative and the ability drive solutions and continuously improve
- Experience using livestock data applications & technology
- Understanding of Workplace Health & Safety requirements and their practical application
- Knowledge & understanding of quality assurance and control systems
- Attention to detail & accuracy
Apply Now and get the best of both worlds: the opportunity and security that comes with a progressive corporate pastoral operation who continue to grow, develop and innovate, along with the support and personal interest that comes with being part of an authentic family business. We’re solid, we’re progressive and we continue to invest in our infrastructure, our technology and our people. Make your next move your best yet.