Head Stockperson - Moray Downs Central Qld
Australian Country Choice (ACC), together with Australian Cattle and Beef Holdings (ACBH) are proud industry leaders in producing and supplying highest quality beef products to the local and export markets. As the world's largest, family owned, fully integrated supply chain, we employ over 1500 Queenslanders and together our diverse operation processes 350,000 head of cattle across large-scale breeding, backgrounding, farming and feed lotting operations through to our modern food processing and value add packing facility.
This is an exciting time to establish your career with the world's largest, privately owned and fully integrated beef supply chain, where you really do get the best of both worlds. You get the opportunity and security that comes with a progressive corporate pastoral operation who continue to grow, develop and innovate, along with the support and personal interest that comes with being part of a family business. We’re solid and we continue to invest in our infrastructure, our technology and our people.
Moray Downs Station, operated by ACBH has a carrying capacity of 18000 head and is situated on approximately 290000 acres of backgrounding & breeding land in Central Queensland. We're seeking a Head Stockperson to support the station manager in day to day station activity and lead the stock camp. You'll share our passion for cattle, you take pride in what you do and, you do it well. You're totally committed to working safely, looking after your team and the health and welfare of our animals. Along with being driven, energetic and reliable, you'll have:
- Ideally 12 months minimum experience leading a stock crew (minimum Leading Hand level)
- Excellent horsemanship & livestock handling knowledge, ability and skill
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to coach & mentor a high performing station crew
- Commitment to highest standards of animal health and welfare
- Understanding of workplace safety, hazards & risks
- Fitness to safely undertake the physical aspects of station work
- Sound judgement & problem solving
- Basic computer literacy
Apply now and make your next move your best yet! You'll be rewarded with an attractive package that includes private, comfortable accommodation (suitable for small family).