Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
About the opportunity
The College is looking for an experienced Administration Officer to join our team in a term-time capacity. This position will provide support and assistance to the functions of the Deputy Head of College and Student Services area. This role will have responsibility for the Responsible Thinking Centre which is part of the College’s behaviour management process.
This position is an ongoing role with a Term 4, 2021 start. The position is classified as a Level 4 School Officer position of $32.2316 and is for 37.5 hours per week.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Applicants must have a Blue Card (Working with Children);
- Relevant experience and qualifications in the area of Administration;
- The ability to prioritise tasks and follow direction;
- Strong computer skills and are proficient across a variety of programs including Microsoft Office suite and TASS (or experience with other school based electronic systems);
- Excellent attention to detail and high organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Commitment to the Catholic and Marist ethos of the College
Applicants should address the criteria above in their application.
The ideal applicant will be required to:
- Enter data and maintain records necessary for Responsible Thinking Centre accurately;
- Prioritise and schedule work efficiently and effectively in a busy working environment;
- Demonstrate high levels of personal initiative and accountability;
- Be able to work as part of a team or with little or no supervision;
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going professional learning
How to Apply
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including two referees;
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the essential selection criteria
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
Note: To be considered for this role you must clearly address each of the essential criteria outlining how you meet the expectations.
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidates may wish to consider how their Blue Card status will affect their suitability for this position as a Blue Card / Exemption Card is an inherent requirement of the role prior to a start date.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of their application.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close 3pm Friday 24 September 2021.
Once you have clicked the Apply button on our website or the Apply For This Job button on Seek, please continue to scroll down on this page to complete your application.
Download the MCA Application form here.
Download the Position Description here.
Enquiries only (please do not email your application) should be addressed to:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4643 or 3858 4534
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.