About the Role
Gladstone Ports Corporation is a Government Owned Corporation responsible for supporting and facilitating the trade of Central Queensland's major resource industries – including coal, liquefied natural gas and alumina - as well as agriculture and bulk product.
A vacancy currently exists in the Technical Services department for an experienced Electrical Engineer. Reporting to the Specialist Electrical Engineer, they will be responsible for the engineering functions relevant to electrical engineering for capital works in the areas of new developments and for the maintenance of existing facilities.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Plan, develop and coordinate capital and major maintenance works engineering projects through the project life cycle
- In the project construction phase, the position undertakes the role of the Technical Services Manager’s representative to provide technical advice, co-ordinate supervision and execute all contract administration. The position undertakes a similar role of projects carried out by GPC’s own workforce;
- Contribute to developing the Engineering Services Business Plan
- Ensure GPC electrical engineering standards
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate their experience in Electrical Design, Project Management and Contract Management in an industrial environment.
It is essential to the role you must have the following;
- Tertiary qualification in electrical engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Queensland (RPEQ) or Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) qualification or willing to work towards qualification.
You will be required to have the ability to continue to promote and maintain GPC’s safe work environment, as well as have excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills and an extensive understanding of risk management principles.
This role will be based at our RG Tanna Coal Terminal in Gladstone QLD and the candidate will be required to live within the Gladstone community.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description.
Please complete the online application form and submit a cover letter, resume and copies of any qualifications as part of your application.
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting the recruitment team on (07) 4976 1686.
Applications are to be received prior to 4:30pm, Tuesday 2 June 2020, and must be submitted via www.gpcl.com.au/careers