Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city. The Oval is both hallowed and iconic.
The Oval is a world-class, multi-purpose, 50-thousand seat stadium and is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and is also significant contributor to the State’s tourism cache with the award winning RoofClimb adventure and behind the scenes tours of the stadium.
AOSMA employs approximately 180 full-time staff, plus 1,800 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink and the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Maintenance Person to work full-time in the Maintenance team at Adelaide Oval. This is an extremely hands-on role which is responsible for supporting day-to-day maintenance work and assisting with all other maintenance projects as required.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Planning and delivering an effective planned maintenance program.
- Organising and carrying out general maintenance daily.
- Managing and supervising other maintenance contractors ensuring that all contractors abide by appropriate WHS practices.
- Ensuring that all assets and building systems meet the needs of the Adelaide Oval.
- Assisting in the presentation of the Adelaide Oval for State, National and International events in an efficient and effective manner.
- Providing general maintenance and operational support for all functions and events at Adelaide Oval.
- Liaising with all departments within the organisation with regards to their maintenance needs.
- Compliance with the business rules (WHS, RSA, HACCP).
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Skills & Experience of the role:
- Minimum 2 experience in a similar role.
- General Building Maintenance experience.
- Practical understanding of government building codes and the building industry.
- Certificates in Boom and Scissor Lift usage and Fork Lift operation (desired).
- General metal fabrication and welding skills (desired).
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability of setting work programs and meeting deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills, with the ability to liaise with different stakeholders both externally and internally.
- A team player, with a willingness to assist in other areas as required.
- Experience with managing and coordinating contractors.
- Ability to work autonomously and safely under pressure.
- Enthusiastic and motivated attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Motivated to research, analyse, develop and undertake new projects.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership, initiative and adapt to organisation change.
- Excellent working knowledge of industry specific WHS requirements.
Please note that out of hours will be a requirement of this role. This includes working major event and game days at Adelaide Oval.
Applications close at 10:00am on Friday, 7 May 2021.