Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city. The Oval is both hallowed and iconic.
The Oval is a world-class, multi-purpose, 50-thousand seat stadium and is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and is also significant contributor to the State’s tourism cache with the award winning RoofClimb adventure and behind the scenes tours of the stadium.
AOSMA employs approximately 180 full-time staff, plus 1,800 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink and the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
We are looking for a Maintenance Administrator will provide administrative support to our Maintenance and Grounds team. You will be an experienced administrator who has outstanding attention to detail and brings an analytical approach to the role.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Scheduling of event day requirements, including pre, during and post, match job logs and labour requirements in consultation with stake holders.
- Coordinating ad-hoc and programmed maintenance within the oval surrounding footprint.
- Liaising with maintenance contractors ensuring that all contractors abide by appropriate WHS practices.
- Actively participating in warranty, inspection, commissioning of new works including site inspection of same.
- Carry out reception duties such as answer & transfer calls, assist internal and external stakeholders with their maintenance requests.
- Conduct accounts receivable tasks including daily invoice entry, month end procedures.
- Liaising with all departments within the organisation with regards to their maintenance needs.
- Compliance with the business rules (WHS, RSA, HACCP).
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Skills & Experience to nail the role:
- Minimum 2 experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience and skills working in an administrative role and or financial role.
- Practical understanding of government building codes and the building industry.
- Be able to maintain high workloads, and meet deadlines within specified time frames A high level of computer literacy and ability to grow knowledge and understanding of Asset and Building Management Programming.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills, with the ability to liaise with different stakeholders both externally and internally.
- A team player, with a willingness to assist in other areas as required.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Enthusiastic and motivated attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Knowledge and recent experience in the operation of Building Management Systems (BMS) or similar.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership, initiative and adapt to organisation change.
- Excellent working knowledge of industry specific WHS requirements.
Please note that out of hours will be a requirement of this role. This includes working major event and game days at Adelaide Oval.
Applications close at 10:00am on Friday, 7 May 2021.