Sous Chef - Pastry
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). The Oval, a world-class, multi-purpose 53-thousand seat stadium is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and is a significant contributor to the State’s tourism assets with the award winning RoofClimb and Stadium tours.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees a number of additional venues including, Oval Hotel, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink, (A)Lure and, the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Sous Chef - Pastry
We are looking for a creative Sous Chef - Pastry to assist our Head Chef in delivering exceptional and industry leading pastry services at Adelaide Oval. To be successful in this position, you will be a team player who thrives on a busy team environment and has passion for creating delicious dining experiences for clients through the celebration of all things pastry.
What you'll be doing
- Assisting the Head Chef with leading and mentoring a high performing Pastry Culinary team.
- Delivering the production of all pastry items, inclusive of ice creams, cakes, plated desserts and petit fours.
- Ensuring the production, preparation and presentation of all services deriving from the Pastry Kitchen is of premium quality at all times.
- Contributing to new and innovative menus to engage clients and generate revenue.
- Participate in the learning and development of the pastry kitchen brigade to build individual and team successes.
- Implementation and maintenance of all HACCP programs as applicable.
- Representing the Venue Hospitality division of AOSMA as required both internally and externally.
- Compliance with business rules (WHS, RSA, HACCP)
To be successful in Adelaide Oval’s Pastry Kitchen, you will have:
- Passion for delivering exceptional pastry menus.
- Experience working as a Sous Chef Pastry or senior Pastry Chef in an equivalent business.
- Relevant qualifications in Patisserie or an equivalent trade qualification.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Team player with a supportive approach to working with others.
- Experience in managing high volume, fast paced environments.
- Proven experience in managing a busy team, including ensuring development of team members
Out of hours work is a requirement of this role, in line with the business operations of Adelaide Oval. This includes weekend work and working on Major Event Days at Adelaide Oval.
Relocation allowances may be considered for interstate candidates.
Bake the next step in your career and make your dreams crumb true at Adelaide Oval.