Chef de Partie
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). The Oval, a world-class, multi-purpose 53-thousand seat stadium is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and is a significant contributor to the State’s tourism assets with the award winning RoofClimb and Stadium tours.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees a number of additional venues including, Oval Hotel, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink, (A)Lure and, the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Chef de Partie
We are seeking an enthusiastic, trade qualified Chef de Partie to join our bustling kitchen brigade and deliver exceptional food services at a World Class standard. As part of your role, you will have access to a modern kitchen full of fresh, quality produce and be responsible for delivering high end quality menus for both our day-to-day functions, major events and corporate clientele. To be successful in this position, you will be passionate about creating exceptional guest experiences through food and have the personal drive to take your culinary experiences to the next level.
What you'll be doing
- Providing food services to a world class standard.
- Delivering food offerings from casual to fine dining, as well as buffets, banquets and other contemporary menus.
- Bulk food prep (be prepared to chop, cut, peel and wash!).
- Provide leadership, training and coaching to junior chefs, cooks and apprentices
- Compliance with AOSMA responsibilities such as HACCP and other house policies.
What you'll bring
- At least 3 years experience as a qualified Chef.
- Applicants must have previous experience as a Demi Chef or Chef de Partie.
- Great working knowledge of the Food & Beverage industry (experience in convention, entertainment, five star or casino environment will be an advantage).
- Experience in working in areas such as a la carte and fine dining.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to be effective under pressure.
- Enthusiastic and motivated attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships.
- Ability to work in large, busy and fast paced banqueting or production kitchens.
Out of hours work is a requirement of this role, in line with the business operations of Adelaide Oval. This includes weekend work and working on Major Event Days at Adelaide Oval.
Relocation allowances may be considered for interstate candidates.
Cook up the next step in your career and taste success with Adelaide Oval.