Function & Event Sales Executive
About Adelaide Oval
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). The Oval, a world-class, multi-purpose 53-thousand seat stadium is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination. Attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year, Adelaide Oval is a significant contributor to the State’s tourism portfolio with the award winning RoofClimb and Stadium tours – as well as what is believed to be the world’s only fine dining restaurant within a sports stadium, Five Regions Restaurant; and Oval Hotel, the first hotel built into a sports stadium.
AOSMA employs more than 180 full-time staff, plus 1,500 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Safari Park, Koffee Ink, (A)Lure and Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Function & Event Sales Executive - Full Time
The Function & Event Sales Executive will be responsible for the sales conversion of business to the Hospitality division at Adelaide Oval.
As one of the largest function and event venues in South Australia, Adelaide Oval is investing in its sales team for the future. Looking to maximise on the opportunities presented by a recovering sector, this position is ideal for a goals-oriented individual with a passion for hospitality excellence and building relationships.
This position will report directly to the Function & Event Sales Manager and work alongside a high performing and dynamic team of designated Sales Executives and Business Development Managers. The right candidate will be a passionate team player who encompasses all of the attributes complementary of a successful business minded sales professional. A high performing individual who can manage competing demands effectively in a high pressure fast paced environment.
This position is accountable for:
- Managing an extensive annual event portfolio including engaging with current clients while growing business portfolio.
- Building strong client relationships by proactively ensuring end-to-end handling of events including undertaking site inspections/meet and greets, client following ups and general maintenance of client accounts.
- Maximising revenue with events by considering aspects of set ups and stadium protocols.
- Understanding the impact of sporting & major event dates on Function & Events availability calendar.
- Liaising with AOSMA departments and Central Audio Visual to ensure effective delivery of client needs.
- Implementation and maintenance of all systems and processes relevant to the Hospitality sales function at Adelaide Oval, including the clear presentation of information to operational departments.
- Coordination of Event Orders, event checklists and floor plans.
- Accurate record keeping in AOSMA event planning CRM systems.
- Ensuring customer accounts are accurate and ready for delivery through the management of the quotation and contract issue process.
The position will require leadership, clarity of thought, motivation and determination to fulfil the goals of the Adelaide Oval Hospitality Division.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Driving revenue to the Adelaide Oval Hospitality business and Adelaide Oval in general.
- Representing Adelaide Oval in a positive light while building internal and external relationships.
- Execution of the sales strategy in consultation with other department managers to achieve short and long term business objectives.
- Ensuring customer accounts are accurate and ready for delivery.
- Developing portfolio annual business plan, budget, forecasts and reports.
- Management of 30/60/90 debtors reports.
- The introduction and implementation of new and innovative ideas to generate revenue.
- Compliance with the business rules (WHS, RSA, HACCP).
- Achievement of measurable pre-determined internal customer service scores.
- Other duties that assigned from time to time.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an event planning or coordinating role.
- Relevant qualifications in Sales or Event Management.
- Proven history of management of high yielding accounts – a demonstrable network.
- Strong Hospitality background an advantage, with operational experience within Food and Beverage industry.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including an exceptional phone manner.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative in building and managing an extensive annual event portfolio, with a passion for growing business.
- A creative mindset that shows innovation and out of the box thinking.
- Exceptional time management skills, with a strong ability to work to deadlines and multi-task.
- Understanding of CRM database systems (Ungerboeck experience preferred).
Please note that out of hours and event day work is a requirement of this role.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.