Chefs - Oval Hotel (Casual)
Adelaide Oval, SA
Set at the iconic Adelaide Oval, Oval Hotel is a premium boutique hotel in the heart of the city of Adelaide.
Wrapping gently around the eastern façade of the stadium and integrating seamlessly with the existing architecture, each room at Oval Hotel enjoys sweeping parkland views, custom furnishings and intuitive technology.
As Australia’s first stadium hotel, we exist to harness the magic of our awe-inspiring location and create memorable experiences for our guests within the hotel, stadium and beyond. Guests can dine overlooking the hallowed turf at the award-winning Five Regions Restaurant or Bespoke Wine Bar & Kitchen, revel in the excitement of a major sporting or cultural event at Adelaide Oval, take in the city skyline on a RoofClimb and more.
In joining the Oval Hotel team, you are part of a vibrant organisation that encompasses all of these brands and oversees hospitality services for several offsite venues including Monarto Safari Park, Koffee Ink, and the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Chefs - Oval Hotel (Casual)
We are looking for well versed hotel and restaurant chefs to support our Permanent team in a casual capacity in delivering exceptional food to our guests. Ideal candidates must have the ability to work independently in high pressure corporate environments, have the desire to go above & beyond, be able to multi-task, have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and be a team player.
With new modern kitchens and fresh, quality produce to work with, you will be helping to deliver high end quality menus to both our restaurants and MTX club corporate clients.
What you'll be doing
- Bulk food prep (be prepared to chop, cut, peel and wash!).
- Work across multiple restaurants and F&B outlets within the Hotel.
- Delivery of a-la-carte, banquets and other contemporary menus.
Your Skills and Experience
- Applicable trade qualifications (must be provided).
- Food Hygiene Certificate (mandatory).
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in one or more of the following: Fine dining restaurants, medium to large a-la-carte restaurants, Hotels.
- Availability to work major event days at the Adelaide Oval (check the 'What's On' section of the the website).
- Ability to follow reasonable instructions in a safe and timely manner.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- A positive 'can do' attitude and team approach.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctual attendance in your past employment.
What's in it for you
- Be part of a close-knit, supportive team.
- Working with some of the best produce South Australia has to offer.
- Product knowledge development.
- Oval Hotel employee discounts.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must legally permitted to work in Australia.