Part Time and Casual Chefs
Adelaide Oval, SA
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city. The Oval is both hallowed and iconic.
The Oval is a world-class, multi-purpose, 50-thousand seat stadium and is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and is also significant contributor to the State’s tourism cache with the award winning RoofClimb adventure and behind the scenes tours of the stadium.
AOSMA employs approximately 180 full-time staff, plus 1,500 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including, Monarto Safari Park, Koffee Ink and the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Chefs - Permanent Part Time or Casual
We have Permanent Part Time and Casual opportunities for Chefs to join our Kitchen Brigade. Our PPT Chefs will be rostered over a 7 day a week roster with a guaranteed of a minimum of 15 hours per week with above award rates. Our Casual Chefs do not have a minimum guaranteed number of hours per week and are rostered depending on business requirements including Major Event Days. You will be working many different events from sporting events to weddings, conferences to Birthdays. If variety is what you are after we have the job for you!
What you will be doing:
- Bulk food prep (be prepared to chop, cut, peel and wash!).
- Serving up fresh quality produce.
- Helping to deliver high end quality menus to both functions and corporate clients.
- Working the best kitchen equipment.
- Work at a variety of onsite and offsite locations.
- Delivery of à la carte, banquets and other contemporary menus.
- Being part of the action working Major Event & Game Days.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Applicable trade qualifications (must be provided).
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- Availability to work major event days at the Adelaide Oval (check the 'What's On' section of the the website).
- Ability to follow reasonable instructions in a safe and timely manner.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- A positive 'can do' attitude and team approach.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctual attendance in your past employment.
What's in it for you:
While working at the iconic Adelaide Oval, you’ll be rewarded for contributing to the delivery of World Class events through our suite of reward and recognition initiatives. To help you kick goals while working with us, you’ll have access to staff benefits including:
- Discounts across Adelaide Oval, RoofClimb and Oval Hotel
- Paid Parental Leave (over and above the Government PPL scheme)
- Subsidised car parking
- Health & Wellness programs
- Training & development opportunities
- Private Health corporate discounts
- Out of hours work is a requirement of this role, in line with the business operations.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.