Senior RoofClimb Leader
RoofClimb at Adelaide Oval
Established in 1871, Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
Along with sports fans, the Oval has enormous appeal to visitors who can experience the award winning RoofClimb adventure taking in the city skyline from the rooftop and marvel at the 360-degree views across the city from a truly unique perspective.
Senior RoofClimb Leader (Full-time)
Do you love the outdoors, meeting new people and showing off our amazing city? Lead up to 14 people across the iconic roofline and share witty commentary and stories while taking in the breathtaking city skyline!
The Senior RoofClimb Leader will be responsible for supporting the RoofClimb Operations Manager and RoofClimb Operations Coordinator in the day-to-day operation of the RoofClimb Centre along with the development and coordination of the RoofClimb experience. This is a hands-on role leading the RoofClimb Leader team and providing unique and memorable experience for visitors from near and far.
This is a full-time (38 hours per week) Tourism based role, working Tuesday-Saturday and includes evening work in line with the operational requirements of RoofClimb.
What you'll be doing
RoofClimb Adelaide Oval is physically demanding on its RoofClimb Leaders – but it is also one of the best parts of the job - No gym required on a RoofClimb day!
Each RoofClimb experience will take between 2 – 2.5 hours to complete with a total duration on the roof for approximately 90-110 minutes, with RoofClimb Leaders completing up to 3 climbs in a busy day.
As such, the job has some prerequisites:
- You must be physically able to wear a harness and carry equipment weighing up to a total of 9kg whilst completing the RoofClimb unassisted.
- You will be required to clearly project your voice and provide commentary to your group throughout the experience in a controlled and engaging manner.
- You will need to be coordinated – not quite a gymnast, but you will need to bend, squat, carry, lift, stoop and stand in stationary positions on grated steel for prolonged periods.
- You must be able to cope with moderate physical exertion at heights up to 50 metres for periods up to 60 minutes including outdoor walking and climbing along industrial style walkways, ladders, stairs and steps.
This position is also accountable for:
- Assisting with the coordination of the Adelaide Oval and RoofClimb Merchandise line including retail strategy, product development and visual display, stock ordering and retail sales.
- Stock management including facilitating stocktake and ordering of consumables across the RoofClimb business.
- Infrastructure and equipment check/reporting along with ensuring compliance of all RoofClimb Leaders to the RoofClimb Systems and PPE Training/Operations Manual.
- Coordination of the RoofClimb Centre daily operations in conjunction with the RoofClimb Operations Manager and Coordinator - including, sale and facilitation of group and public bookings, laundry and general enquiries and administration.
- Assisting the with the supervision of RoofClimb Leaders and coordination of rostering scheduling in line with budget and bookings.
This position provides the opportunity to be directly involved with the strategy implementation and development of the RoofClimb and RoofClimb Leaders.
We are looking for someone who is team orientated, passionate, highly motivated with a strong customer focus and proven ability to lead by example.
What you'll bring
You will have a positive attitude and a warm, engaging personality – it is your job to make sure everyone on the RoofClimb has the BEST experience and takes away incredible memories!
Now we aren’t going to lie - it’s not going to be all clear skies – RoofClimb has its challenges including working in all weather conditions - except for electrical storms, hail and high winds – but lucky for us Adelaide has good weather… most of the time!
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- The ability to lead, develop and motivate a team.
- A high level of communication.
- Be customer focused.
- A Current Provide First Aid and CPR Certificate (HLTAID003) (or ability to obtain prior to commencement).
- A Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate (RSA) (or ability to obtain prior to commencement).
The successful applicant will undergo a full functional and medical assessment and will receive a fully paid comprehensive on the job training program, including nationally recognised Working Safely at Heights certification.
Please note, there are also physical restrictions which all RoofClimb Leaders must adhere to for safety:
- Minimum height – 120cm
- Maximum weight – 136kg
What's in it for you
While working at the iconic Adelaide Oval, you’ll be rewarded for contributing to the delivery of World Class events through our suite of reward and recognition initiatives. To help you kick goals while working with us, you’ll have access to staff benefits including:
- Discounts across Adelaide Oval, RoofClimb and Oval Hotel
- Paid Parental Leave (over and above the Government PPL scheme)
- Subsidised car parking
- Health & Wellness programs
- Training & development opportunities
- Private Health corporate discounts
Applications close at 9am on Monday, 4 July 2022.
An application letter together with a CV can be submitted by clicking the “NEXT” button below.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.