Maltshovel Taphouse Head Chef
The Malt Shovel Taphouse is a purpose built contemporary craft beer venue that celebrates what great beer is all about.
Overlooking the picturesque Torrens Riverbank and iconic Adelaide Oval, Malt Shovel Taphouse showcases an authentic, yet relaxed experience, with over 16 taps, a unique variety of craft beer varieties and a superb rotisserie-based menu with a focus on locally sourced products. It is the place to enjoy any occasion whether it is to dine, drink, or be entertained with family or friends.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to lead our busy Kitchen Brigade and deliver exceptional food services in line with the Malt Shovel Taphouse brand. The successful applicant will have proven hands on experience in a bustling venue and is passionate about delivering excellent food that utilises local produce.
Malt Shovel Taphouse Head Chef
What you'll be doing
- Adhering to all policies and procedures; including WHS and HACCP.
- Driving the profitable delivery of the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
- Delivery of a quality food product.
- Planning and coordinating food operations in consultation with other department Managers.
- Ensuring delivery of staff training and development programs (including Apprentices)
- Working with the Kitchen staff on the introduction and implementation of new and innovative menus to generate revenue and meet patron expectations.
- Assisting in the preparation of Kitchen Brigade annual business plan.
- Ensuring the correct use of inventory control systems, purchasing and delivery of supplies through supply options, suppliers, product quality and cost levels.
What you'll bring
- Trade qualified Chef and extensive industry experience.
- Working knowledge of delivering delicious rotisserie meats and locally sourced produce.
- Management of a restaurant kitchen brigade including workforce planning.
- Strong financial and budgetary skills combined with a commercially oriented approach to budgeting and catering management.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Proven ability to train and positively engage with employees.
- Ability to maintain high workloads and meet deadlines within specified time frames.
- Implementation of menu and function packages.
What's in it for you:
While working at the Malt Shovel Taphouse, you’ll be rewarded for contributing to the delivery of exciting events through our suite of reward and recognition initiatives. To help you kick goals while working with us, you’ll have access to staff benefits including:
- Discounts across Adelaide Oval, RoofClimb and Oval Hotel
- Paid Parental Leave (over and above the Government PPL scheme)
- Allocated car park
- Health & Wellness programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training & development opportunities
- Private Health corporate discounts
Out of hours work is a requirement of this role, in line with the business operations.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.