Duty Manager (Restaurant & Bar)
Overlooking the picturesque Torrens Riverbank and iconic Adelaide Oval, Maltshovel Taphouse showcases an authentic, yet relaxed experience, with over 16 taps, a unique variety of craft beer varieties and a superb rotisserie-based menu with a focus on locally sourced products. It is the place to enjoy any occasion whether it is to dine, drink, or be entertained with family or friends.
We have an exciting opportunity for an energetic Duty Manager to support the Venue Manager and help lead our busy front of house team. The successful applicant will have proven hands on experience in a bustling venue (capturing both bar and restaurant) and thrives on providing exceptional customer service and experiences.
If you are passionate, energetic, beer curious and have a commitment to delivering the highest standard of customer service, we want to hear from you.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensuring the smooth operation of the Malt Shovel Taphouse, including opening and closing of the venue.
- Provide management, support, training and guidance to F&B staff (both restaurant and bar).
- General management of venue; including (but not limited to) cost control, labour management, marketing, KPI’s and targets.
- Ensuring compliance with liquor licensing, council regulations, food safety, WHS and other relevant legislations.
- Providing exceptional customer service with a can-do attitude.
- Ensure service standards meet or exceed our partnership guidelines.
- Set up of venue events and functions.
- Actively promote all patron related service standards ensuring positive experiences.
- Engage and communicate effectively with senior staff and kitchen teams.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Supervisory experience in a similar role.
- Extensive experience within the Hospitality industry.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Sound knowledge of beers and craft beers, wine & various cocktails.
- A positive attitude with and extremely high level of enthusiasm.
- A thirst for growth with the ability to lead, inspire and motivate a team.
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work efficiently in high demand situations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, engage and support staff.
- Relevant qualifications in Food and Beverage or Business Management.
To help you kick goals while working with us, you will have access to our suite of reward and recognition initiatives, including:
- Discounts across AOSMA run Food & Beverage outlets, RoofClimb, Stadium Tours and Oval Hotel.
- Paid Parental Leave (over and above the Government PPL scheme).
- Subsidised car parking (non-major event days).
- Employee Recognition and Assistance Programs.
- Health & Wellness programs.
- Corporate discounts including private health, banking and partner offers.
- Referral bonuses.
Out of hours work is a requirement of this role, in line with the business operations.
To be successful for a position at Malt Shovel Taphouse Adelaide, applicants must possess their Responsible Person Badge at the time of your application.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.