Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). The Oval, a world-class, multi-purpose 53-thousand seat stadium is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and is a significant contributor to the State’s tourism assets with the award winning RoofClimb and Stadium tours.
AOSMA employs approximately 180 full-time staff, plus 1,500 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees a number of additional venues including, Oval Hotel, Monarto Safari Park, Koffee Ink and the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Payroll Officer (Part time)
We have a rare opportunity in our Payroll team for a Payroll Officer who will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of the payroll function for Adelaide Oval. The Payroll Officer will not only ensure the fortnightly payroll processing for all staff is completed in a timely and accurate manner, they will also assist with payroll administration, month end and year end processes with a strong focus on process improvement and efficiency gains.
This part time opportunity is 3 days per week (0.6 FTE) - Wednesdays, Thursdays and one additional day of your choice (Monday, Tuesday or Friday).
What you'll be working on
- Assisting with the management of end to end payroll.
- Payroll processing for a large number of employees including payroll administration.
- Weekly and monthly reconciliations and reporting.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Updating payroll records and systems on a regular basis.
- PAYG, payroll tax, superannuation, FBT and workers compensation.
- Continuing to improve and develop payroll systems utilised by Adelaide Oval.
- Assisting with People & Culture and operational administration including processing of employee induction paperwork.
What you'll bring
- Qualifications in payroll administration and/or finance, as well as experience in month end and year end procedures will be highly regarded.
- Experience conducting end to end payroll within large numbers an advantage but not essential.
- Experience in payroll administration.
- Experience using FoundU an advantage but not essential.
- Knowledge of or willing to learn tax laws and other compliance obligations.
- Knowledge of relevant hospitality and other industry awards and regulations an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent attention to detail, numerical skills and data entry skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Personal competence in the use of computers and the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Be able to maintain high workloads, and meet deadlines within specified time frames and ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Superior organisational and planning skills.
What's in it for you
While working at the iconic Adelaide Oval, you’ll be rewarded for contributing to the delivery of World Class events through our suite of reward and recognition initiatives. To help you kick goals while working with us, you’ll have access to staff benefits including:
- Discounts across Adelaide Oval, RoofClimb and Oval Hotel
- Paid Parental Leave (over and above the Government PPL scheme)
- Subsidised car parking
- Health & Wellness programs
- Training & development opportunities
- Private Health corporate discounts
Applications close at 12:00am on Monday, 4 July 2022.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.