Personal Care Worker
About the business
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is a not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that was established in July 2014. ARRCS operate residential aged care facilities and community care support programs within communities across the Northern Territory including Darwin, Alice Springs, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Mutitjulu and Docker River.
With over 750 staff across the Northern Territory, we are a true community partner and our team members live our values of Compassion, Justice, Respect, Working Together, and Leading through Learning.
About the role
Our Pulkapulkka Kari facility is the only Residential Aged Care Facility located in Tennant Creek, which is 5 hours north of Alice Springs. PPK houses up to 25 residents and provides support to the wider community through our Barkly Community Care Program.
We now have x2 PPT opportunities for Personal Care Workers to join our team in Tennant Creek. In this role, you will be responsible for providing care and support to Elders in a residential home, undertake cleaning duties, participate and supervise Elders on outings and assist Elders with their hygiene, mobility, meals and activities. These positions are available to commence at the beginning of September for a 12 month fixed term contract. The hours will be a minimum of 30 per week
Skills & experience
- Certificate III in Aged Care, Disability or Home and Community Care
- 24/7 availability to work across a shift work roster
- Display a caring and compassion attitude
- Demonstrated experience in assisting elders with the activities of daily living in an Aged Care setting
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working in a remote location will be highly regarded
- Ability to manage and work within a culturally diverse team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to undertake a range of manual handling functions related to the role
- Must have a current National Police Check, First Aid Certificate, OCHRE card, influenza vaccination and NT Drivers’ License or a willingness to obtain prior to commencing
Benefits and perks
As ARRCS is a Not for Profit organisation, we have great benefits including;
- CBB Salary Packaging - Tax-free money to pay debts such as Rent & Mortgage
- Base hourly rate $24-25.00 per hour + penalties for overtime worked
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 17.5% leave loading
- Wellness & Employee Support Services
Experience working in a remote location and with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people will be highly regarded.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply.