Personal Care Worker
About the organisation
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is a not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that was established in July 2014 to operate residential care facilities and community care programs in the Northern Territory. ARRCS provides regional care and support to people and their communities throughout the Northern Territory from Darwin to Docker River. It’s our goal to offer opportunity and choice so individuals can live life in all its fullness.
About the role
We have an opportunity for a Personal Care Assistant to join our team at Kaltukatjara (Docker River). This position is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
This is a truly unique opportunity to live and work in a remote location. Kaltukatjara is a remote Indigenous community located over 230km’s (roughly a 4 hour drive) from Yulara, the closest town, 900km’s from Alice Springs and 8km’s from the WA Border. The population is around 380 people. Tjilipi Pampaku Ngura Flexible Care (meaning ‘old man, old lady home) houses 19 residents.
Typically we run a rotating roster of 10-12 weeks on, with 2 weeks off. A shift can be between 10-12 hours a day, where you will receive 1-2 days rostered off per fortnight (subject to staffing requirements).
Whilst on site, all accommodation, travel, meals, electricity and Wi-Fi are provided.
Skills & experience
- A Certificate Level 3 in Aged Care, Disability or Home and Community Care (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in assisting elders with the activities of daily living in an Aged Care setting
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working in a remote location will be highly regarded
- Ability to manage and work within a culturally diverse team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to undertake a range of manual handling functions related to the role
- Must have a current National Police Check, First Aid Certificate, Flu vaccination, OCHRE card and NT Drivers’ License or a willingness to obtain prior to commencing
Benefits and perks
As ARRCS is a Not for Profit organisation, we have great benefits including;
- CBB Salary Packaging - Tax-free money to pay debts such as Rent & Mortgage
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 17.5% leave loading
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Wellness & Employee Support Services