Personal Care Worker
About the organisation
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is a not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that was established in July 2014 to operate residential care facilities and community care programs in the Northern Territory. ARRCS provides regional care and support to people and their communities throughout the Northern Territory from Darwin to Docker River. It’s our goal to offer opportunity and choice so individuals can live life in all its fullness.
About the role
ARRCS Community Care programs provide support under government funded programs for aged and disability clients.
We now have 3 full time (38 hours per week) opportunities for a casual Personal Care Assistant to join our Community Care team in Alice Springs. In this role you will be responsible for providing in home care and support to our clients which may include undertaking cleaning duties, participating and supervising outings or assisting with their hygiene, mobility, meals and activities.
Skills & experience
- A Certificate III in Individual Support, Aged Care, Disability or Home and Community Care
- Demonstrated experience in assisting elders and people living with a disability with the activities of daily living
- Reliable transport, registration and insurance
- Ability to display a caring and compassionate attitude at all times
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and work within a culturally diverse team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to undertake a range of manual handling functions related to the role
- Must have a current influenza vaccination, National Police Check, First Aid Certificate, OCHRE card and NT Drivers’ License or a willingness to obtain prior to commencing
Benefits and perks
As ARRCS is a Not for Profit organisation, we have great benefits including;
- Unlimited training library, with free and 24/7 access to over 70,000 self-paced courses
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 17.5% leave loading
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Wellness & Employee Support Services
- Salary packing through our provider CBB