Leisure & Lifestyle Officer
About the business
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that provide services including Residential Care, Community Care, NDIS, School Nutrition and Early Learning Childhood programs in the Northern Territory. Our Vision is passionately pursuing new ways to care where people and communities flourish and lead meaningful lives. ARRCS provides regional care and support to people and their communities throughout the Northern Territory from Darwin to Docker River with our purpose is to genuinely connect with the communities we serve, and enable our clients with agency, pride and dignity.
About the role
Hetti Perkins is a 60-bed aged care facility, with eight double and 36 single rooms, based in Alice Springs. Hetti Perkins is an Indigenous service, home to people from various local communities and language groups. The sense of spaciousness at our Hetti Perkins aged care facility suits the people who live here, many of whom have lived and worked in the region. At Hetti Perkins, we recognise the importance of family and community connections and we actively support cultural customs, beliefs and practices and incorporate those into our care for residents, in accordance with industry best practice.
We now have an opportunity for a casual Activities Officers at Hetti Perkins, Alice Springs. These positions are the connections to inspiring the lives of our resident’s care and well-being, with culturally appropriate, social and recreational activities to inspire and empower our residents and make a difference. To develop informal activity programs to improve and maintain the quality of life of individuals in residential and or community service, consistent with ARRCS’ mission
Benefits of working for us;
ARRCS is the largest Aged Care Provider in the NT - your career can take you all over the NT including Darwin, Tennant Creek, Katherine or if you relocate interstate ARRCS are a pathway to Uniting Care QLD.
- 1.5% pay rise every 6 months (Jan/Jul) for the life of our Enterprise Agreement
- Access to 70,000 Training and Development Courses through our Learning Platform
- Benestar Employee Wellbeing & Emotional Support
Skills & experience
- Prior experience planning and delivering culturally appropriate activities for indigenous Australians
- You will demonstrate the knowledge to monitor and review the recreational needs of the residents and implement the appropriate programs.
- You will possess a positive attitude and be able to encourage residents to get involved in activities.
- You must have the highest regard for safety following all safe work practices including a high level of personal hygiene.
- Certificate III or above in Lifestyle and Leisure will be highly desirable
- Ability to operate computer and printer applications at a basic level, including Outlook, Internet Explorer, Excel.
Before applying you need to have these things;
- You must have a National Police Check within the last 3 months (Apply now via https://cvcheck.com/)
- Provide Evidence of 2020 Influenza Vaccination
- Ochre Card (Working With Children)
- First Aid Certificate (Or proof of enrolment)
Our staff and volunteers are compassionate and knowledgeable members of the local community, who are committed to providing personalised care and support. More than a service provider, we understand that we are an important part of the regional and remote communities we work in and acknowledge our responsibility to ensure our people are connected to those communities, people and cultures. So why not join our team today to benefit the local community that you work in!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.