Assistant in Nursing - Ellenvale
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- comprehensive orientation program;
- ongoing training and opportunities for career growth; and
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses.
Aegis Ellenvale, located in the heart of the Broadwater (Busselton) community, provides quality care and services for up to 140 residents in a welcoming and modern environment.
About The Role
We are looking for experienced Assistants in Nursing who are passionate about providing exceptional care to our residents to join the team at Ellenvale on a Permanent basis, working 10 shifts per fortnight.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, we are offering incentives to relocate with an initial 3 months shared accommodation provided at no cost (or partial rental subsidy) should the successful applicant not currently reside in the region. Also $1000 relocation costs may be payable after 3 months of ongoing employment.
As an integral part of the team you will:
- Work with other professionals to provide high quality, safe and effective personal care that aligns with individual resident choices and best practice.
- Assist residents with daily living activities such as showering, getting dressed, and toileting.
- Provide assistance during meal time in line with Aegis’ Excellence in Dining strategy.
- Complete documentation based on Aegis requirements.
- Deliver excellent customer service to residents, their families and any other external parties.
- Able to use initiative and deal with unexpected situations.
To be successful in this position, you will:
- Be compassionate and have empathy with the aged.
- Able to work cooperatively within a team and with a wide range of people.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, with good organisation and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Positive and friendly personality with a passion for assisting our residents to maintain their quality of life.
- Certificate III in Aged Care (or higher/equivalent).
- Prior experience in aged care (preferred).
- Full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
- Available for varied shifts across the whole week.
How To Apply
To discuss this opportunity, please contact the Facility Manager Emily at Aegis Ellenvale (08) 9788 6400 or click Apply Now.