Occupational Therapy Consultant
Perth and South-West
Operating 28 quality residences from Alkimos to Busselton, Aegis Aged Care is WA’s largest aged care provider. We pride ourselves on our imagination and innovation to improve the care, quality of life and home environment of the people who live with us for the past 30 years.
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
About The Role
We are seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our Central Office Care and Lifestyle team. This is a full-time role based in Burswood but you will be required to visit our facilities across the metro area including Mandurah, and Busselton.
This role assists the Senior Lifestyle Consultant to lead the group Occupational Therapy and Lifestyle services, as well setting standards, monitoring allocated care and service delivery, whilst driving resident focused therapy choices and optimising financial outcomes.
In this important leadership role, duties will include (but not limited to):
- Creation and updating of training material
- Deliver high quality reports and documentation
- Lead and participate in the implementation, maintenance and evaluation of lifestyle activities through continuous improvement systems
- Provide Facility support including conducting on site OT reviews and mentoring
- Management and sourcing of equipment for Facilities and Lifestyle programs.
- Supporting recruitment and onboarding of OTs
- Deliver Lifestyle education to staff including at Corporate Orientation
To be successful in this role, you will have
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Therapy and a minimum of 4 years’ OT experience
- Strong Leadership and Communication skills with ability to build strong relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Proven skills in contributing to Policy & Procedure development
- Proven ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- High working knowledge of MS Office Suite of applications, and computer based resident documentation.
A salary package, including a fully maintained company car for professional and personal use, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
For further information or to express your interest in this role, please contact Hilary Slade, Executive Manager Care and Lifestyle on 6254 8270.