Assistant in Nursing - Amberley
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- comprehensive orientation program;
- ongoing training and opportunities for career growth; and
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses.
Located in the heart of the Spearwood Community, Aegis Amberley is a state of the art facility that caters for up to 114 residents. It provides Low, High and Dementia Specific care as well as Extra Services
About the role
We are looking for experienced Assistants in Nursing who are passionate about providing exceptional care to our residents. We have Casual roles available for covering a variety of shifts for planned and unplanned leave.
As an integral part of the team you will:
- Work with other professionals to provide high quality, safe and effective personal care that aligns with individual resident choices and best practice.
- Assist residents with daily living activities such as showering, getting dressed, and toileting.
- Provide assistance during meal time in line with Aegis’ Excellence in Dining strategy.
- Complete documentation based on Aegis requirements.
- Deliver excellent customer service to residents, their families and any other external parties.
- Able to use initiative and deal with unexpected situations.
- Be compassionate and have empathy with the aged.
- Able to work cooperatively within a team and with a wide range of people.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, with good organisation and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Positive and friendly personality with a passion for assisting our residents to maintain their quality of life.
- Certificate III in Aged Care (or higher/equivalent)
- At least 2 years’ experience in aged care (essential)
- Full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance
- Flexibility to work various shifts, sometimes at short notice
How to apply
Click now to apply with your detailed resume and covering letter.