Chef Manager - St Michael's
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
Aegis offers a friendly and supportive working environment coupled with a comprehensive orientation program. You will be joining a progressive and dynamic company where your contribution will be valued.
Located in North Perth, Aegis St Michaels provides quality care and services for up to 102 residents in a modern and welcoming environment.
About The Role
We are looking for a qualified and motivated Chef Manager to be part of our St Michael's residence on a permanent full-time basis, 5 days per week which may include weekend shifts.
Reporting to the Facility Manager and as an integral part of the team, you will:
- Be responsible for providing high quality catering service which will be a point of difference for residents and will enrich the lives of the people living with us.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and Aegis’ food safety plan.
- Manage the rostering of kitchen staff.
- Manage food ordering and storage according to relevant regulations.
- Ensure the efficient use of resources and maximise service offering within budget.
- Lead and coach all kitchen personnel, developing their skills and maximising potential.
- Experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers of people, preferably including vulnerable people.
- Proven experience to run a busy, high volume food service.
- Excellent food safety knowledge.
- Sound understanding of rostering.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, with strong problem solving skills.
- Customer service ethos with a focus on quality service.
- Passion for cooking and take pride providing high quality food and services.
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Please complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.