Chef Manager - Hermitage
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
Aegis offers a friendly and supportive working environment coupled with a comprehensive orientation program. You will be joining a progressive and dynamic company where your contribution will be valued.
Located in the heart of the Ellenbrook Community, Aegis Hermitage caters for up to 120 residents and provides Low, High and Dementia Specific care as well as Extra Services.
About The Role
We are looking for a qualified and motivated Chef Manager to be part of our Hermitage residence on a permanent full time basis.
Reporting to the Facility Manager and as an integral part of the team, you will:
- Be responsible for providing high quality catering service which will be a point of difference for residents and will enrich the lives of the people living with us.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and Aegis’ food safety plan.
- Manage the rostering of kitchen staff.
- Manage food ordering and storage according to relevant regulations.
- Ensure the efficient use of resources and maximise service offering within budget.
- Lead and coach all kitchen personnel, developing their skills and maximising potential.
- Experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers of people, preferably including vulnerable people.
- Proven experience to run a busy, high volume food service.
- Excellent food safety knowledge.
- Sound understanding of rostering.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, with strong problem solving skills.
- Customer service ethos with a focus on quality service.
- Passion for cooking and take pride providing high quality food and services.
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Please complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.