Registered Nurse - Alfred Carson
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- comprehensive orientation program;
- ongoing training and opportunities for career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your professional development.
Located in the heart of the Claremont community, Aegis Alfred Carson provides quality care and services for up to 90 residents in a modern and homely living environment.
About the role
We are looking for Aged Care experienced Registered Nurses who are passionate about providing exceptional care to our residents, on a Permanent Part-time basis for a minimum of 18 hours per fortnight. Applicants must have flexibility to work weekends including Friday nights.
As an integral part of the team you will:
- Provide high quality, safe and effective nursing care that aligns with individual resident preferences and best practice.
- Undertake clinical, social and self-care assessments.
- Ensure all care documentation is completed with appropriate strategies implemented.
- Anticipate residents’ changing health needs and initiate further assessments or referrals.
- Support residents and their families by addressing queries, comments, suggestions or concerns.
- Support, coach, monitor and mentor the unregulated care workers.
- Complete ACFI documentation and assessment processes.
- Provide support to the Clinical Nurse Manager and clinical expertise to the care team.
- Passionate about caring for the aged.
- Able to communicate with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders.
- Highly organised with strong planning skills.
- Able to identify and manage clinical risk in the aged care setting.
- Able to proactively lead, coach and develop care and lifestyle staff
- Flexible in responding to changing resident needs.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently within a team and independently.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- At least 2 years experience working in Aged Care
- Registered Nurse Div. 1 with current AHPRA registration.
- Clinical experience in aged care, preferably in a residential setting.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with ACFI assessments and documentation.
- Sound understanding of Aged Care Quality Standards and quality management systems.
- Full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How to apply
To lodge an application, please click "APPLY" now with a copy of your resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.