Therapy Assistant - St Michaels
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your professional development.
Situated in the centrally located suburb of North Perth on a quiet suburban street surrounded by heritage residential dwellings, Aegis St Michael's Aged Care facility provides quality care and services for its 102 residents.
Aegis St Michael’s is a bright and spacious residence with particular attention being given to the shared outdoor and indoor living spaces. It is an open community being made up of a culturally diverse population including many from Italian and Macedonian backgrounds.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and self-driven individual to join the St. Michael's team as a Therapy Assistant on a Permanent Part-time basis. The role would cover 3 days a week (1 day on the weekend) with the potential for additional days to support team members annual leave and sick leave cover.
As an important part of the team you will:
- Provide mobility and exercise programs to our residents under the direction and supervision of the Physiotherapist.
- Provide recreational and other therapeutic activity programs to our residents under the direction and supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
- Participate in the organisation and planning of therapy programs.
- Deliver a range of therapy based activity programs as directed.
- Complete accurate documentation in line with relevant guidelines.
- Accompany resident groups on outings
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach staff to deliver quality lifestyle and therapy activities.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- A genuine interest in working with older people.
- A Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or equivalent/higher or experience.
- Have experience in a similar role (Occupational Therapist Assistant or Physiotherapist Assistant)
- Aged Care Experience (in particular Dementia)
- Have empathy with the elderly.
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.