Administration Officer - Hilton Park
About The Organisation
Providing quality care services for 30 years, Aegis Aged Care is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environment of the people who live with us.
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
Located in the heart of the Hilton Community, Aegis Hilton Park is modern and well-equip and has been designed to offer a broad range of accommodation and lifestyle options for 136 residents in five wings.
About the Role
One of our dynamic administration officers is advancing her clinical career with Aegis, which has presented an opportunity for us to employ a detail-orientated Administration Officer to join the team at Aegis Hilton Park on a Permanent part-time basis, 4 days per week from 9-5.
In this integral role you will:
- Provide a professional and friendly reception to our residents, families, visitors and staff.
- Create and maintain fortnightly rosters for staff, that meet all service delivery requirements within the facility.
- Undertake essential administrative functions such as rostering, payroll preparation, billing, banking and interacting with all staff.
- Perform general administrative duties such as filing, archiving and other duties as directed by the Facility Manager.
- Maintain Facility waitlist for accommodation and ensure that all enquiries are followed through in a timely manner to maximise occupancy.
- Assist the Facility Manager and other senior staff with tasks as required.
- Friendly, approachable and helpful when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Proactive, solutions-focused professional.
- Demonstrated empathy for the aged.
- Highly organised with strong planning skills and the ability to manage numerous competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Trusted member of the team, able to build rapport with all.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Extensive knowledge of rostering practices and systems and strong problem-solving ability.
- Payroll experience.
- Experience in front-facing administration/reception in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Passion for delivering quality customer service and excellent relationship building skills.
- High levels of accuracy and data entry skills.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.