Facility Manager - Montgomery House
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis have an exciting and unique opportunity for a highly motivated, dynamic individual in the role of Facility Manager to lead the recently commissioned and resident directed service delivery in this iconic building within the Mt Claremont community.
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your professional development.
In 2012, Aegis purchased the old Swanbourne Hospital after the iconic building having been left vacant and officially closed since 1986. This historic Perth landmark was carefully transformed into a fully functioning 80 bed Residential Aged Care facility which pays homage to the rich history of the site.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, experienced and energetic Facility Manager who is a qualified Registered Nurse, to undertake this important role. You will have an in-depth understanding of the Aged Care industry coupled with sound business acumen and will be able to provide effective leadership in all aspects of the role. As part of the Aegis executive team, you will be accountable for the day to day operations and overall management of all aspects of the facility, while being empowered to manage and influence your own business unit with the support from other professional teams.
The ideal candidate will have a key focus on relationship based service delivery and superior ability to think outside the box when it comes to the design and delivery of services that provide an environment and opportunities for meaningful engagement to individual residents.
You will have a strong sense of community and be able to build and maintain sound relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that Montgomery House and its residents continue to be an integral part of the local community.
Reporting to the Executive Manager Operations & Marketing, you will:
- Drive quality in care, therapy, hospitality & customer service to ensure excellence is maintained in line with Aegis’ vision, mission and values.
- Build a distinctive culture amongst all staff to deliver high quality care and services.
- Provide clinical leadership and people leadership expertise.
- Provide high quality support to residents and their families.
- Ensure all aspects of care service delivery are compliant with Aged Care Quality Standards, Aegis policy and procedures and relevant legislation.
- Manage all material and financial resources to ensure their efficient and effective use, including developing and implementing annual business plans and budgets.
- Act as a role model to staff, promoting Aegis’ values in everything you do.
- Passionate about caring for the aged with the ability to ignite the same in others.
- Exceptional people skills and leadership capabilities.
- Able to communicate with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong management skills, being able to proactively lead, coach and develop a diverse workforce.
- Proven business acumen including sound knowledge of budget and finance.
- Highly organised with strong planning skills and the ability to manage numerous competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to identify and manage clinical risk in the aged care setting.
- Flexible in responding to resident choice and changing resident needs.
- Able to identify and manage conflict situations effectively.
- Proven capability to deliver on established occupancy objectives.
- Registered Nurse Div. 1 with current AHPRA registration.
- Extensive management/leadership experience in aged care in a residential setting, with the ability to influence others to deliver high quality care, lifestyle and customer service.
- Extensive proven experience as a Facility Manager in aged care.
- Comprehensive understanding of Aged Care Quality Standards, quality management systems and ACFI assessment processes.
- Sound business acumen including knowledge of budgets and finances.
- Full Australian working rights and current national police clearance.
How to apply
To discuss this opportunity, please contact Kevin Brimblecombe, Executive Manager Operations & Marketing (08) 6254 8200 or click APPLY now.
The salary for this role will be $120,000 p.a. plus Superannuation.